PDA

View Full Version : 88 from EP in actionless mulitway

ecooke
01-06-2005, 05:17 PM
I believe this hand was played poorly...
Thoughts?

MP2 is LP-P
MP3 is new but appears LP-P
B is LA-P and prone to raising light

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: (3.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, Hero folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds.

River: (6.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP2 checks, MP3 checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

ElSapo
01-06-2005, 05:34 PM
Dunno about the limp, I bet the turn.

Rico Suave
01-06-2005, 05:44 PM
El Sapo:

[ QUOTE ]
I bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Into 6 opponents? Granted, no one has shown much interest, but the board is pretty coordinated. I would check with the intention of folding. With 2 or 3 opponents, and perhaps a less coordinated board, I would bet. Perhaps I play to tightly postflop.

--Rico

brettbrettr
01-06-2005, 05:54 PM
My first thought was bet the turn too....

ElSapo
01-06-2005, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With 2 or 3 opponents, and perhaps a less coordinated board, I would bet. Perhaps I play to tightly postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, this could be my problem... The number of players here is something I overlooked. While I think 88 is likely the best hand, I think you're right about the coordination and that someone likely has a draw they will call with, or even raise with. Taking that into account makes it tougher because part of the reason to bet the turn is because you may never see the rivercard.

I dunno. Taking that into account changes things. This seems pretty close, and I guess if I looked at the screen and saw cards in front of six other players I'd probably check as well, now that I think about it.

Against fewer, yeah, bet.

ElSapo

billyjex
01-06-2005, 06:12 PM
I would play it the same way. I like limping with 88 in EP either for set or overpair value.

After the flop there's just too many opponents and draws out there to contest for the small pot. I'd fold and move on.

chesspain
01-06-2005, 06:22 PM
I actually might have checkraised the turn, since the Button soooo doesn't have a queen.

ecooke
01-06-2005, 07:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I actually might have checkraised the turn, since the Button soooo doesn't have a queen.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my thought exactly. The button it betting to bring it down and could be as light as A or K high. In fact, I checked the fold box and was trying to uncheck it when the action got to me.
Also, regarding the other's comments, I don't care for leading an underpair against two coordinated overcards into a multiway pot on the Turn. And someone questioned the limp, which I don't regard as a problem at all. 88 is easily strong enough to stick through a PF raise and makes a powerful set.

Thanks for your comments.