01-06-2005, 05:17 PM
Stars $15 Turbo, 6 left, starting chips 1500, blinds 50/100

Approximate stack sizes:
Hero 1250
BB 2700
SB 1500
y 2000
z 3500

Hero dealt TT UTG. How do you play this?

El Maximo
01-06-2005, 05:31 PM
I would make a 2.5-3x BB raise here. I would fold/call reraise depending on the type of player Im up against and what type of image I have at the table. I dont limp much when shorthanded but I dont think limping here is a horrible play. And I cant imagine folding TT 6 handed.

Womble
01-06-2005, 05:34 PM
You want the opportunity of escaping a terrible flop so allin is out of the question. Its a good hand so you want to play it so a raise is good to give people a chance to fold.

I agree with above about reraise.

TMFS9
01-06-2005, 05:44 PM
I would think that a good way to approach this is to figure out what kind of hands you would like to play against with TT. Preferably you would like to be against a lower pocket pair or a hand with one overcard. If you raise under the gun you would push out these hands that may try to steal the blinds like Axs, a low pp, and even possibly a suited connector like 9,10s. So i would suggest open limping and do one of the following:

1. If there is a fairly small raise behind you like 3-4 bb's and the blinds fold i would reraise all in. You would have a lot of folding equity versus AQ, AJ, maybe even AK because your limp reraise screams AA, KK. Also if they are loose you might have trapped somebody into calling with Ax or a low pp.

2. If someone pushes all in behind you it would leave a player specific decision, if you fold you still haven't hurt your stack too much.

3. If no raise behind you, you still will have a fairly strong hand even in a probable 3 way pot.

I think playing this way possesses the strongest risk/reward ratio.