PDA

View Full Version : K10s question

imaptone
01-06-2005, 04:31 PM
Should I be attempting to get more money in the pot with trickery, maybe call flop raise and check raise turn? Or just bet and raise the whole way?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button folds, BB calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (10.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB

Grease
01-06-2005, 04:33 PM
That flop is draw heavy, jam the rest of the way. Everyone will call no matter what if they have a straight or flush draw. Nice hand.

PokerBob
01-06-2005, 04:37 PM
That board is draw heavy. Ram and jam and charge the draws. I think you played it fine.

W. Deranged
01-06-2005, 04:50 PM
Push this the whole way. I absolutely believe you should lead trips every time. When you get raised (which is really what you are looking for), analyze the course of action and the nature of the board and decide whether to just call and try for some turn trickery or keep pushing. You should keep pumping here because:

1. As everyone has said, the board has a ton of draws on it.

2. The BB has called two cold, meaning he has a big enough draw (or maybe a worse slow-played 10, which would rule) that he is going to see the turn, and will almost certainly call a bet on the turn, but probably is not going to bet the turn and give you a chance to check-raise.

The button folding on the flop is interesting to me. I assume it was a raise with two big overcards looking for a free card.