PDA

View Full Version : QQ flopped set with ugly flop and turn

imaptone
01-06-2005, 04:28 PM
Enemy seems weak tight. Do you bet this river?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: (6 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (6 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (8 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 8 BB

PokerBob
01-06-2005, 04:31 PM
Nothing you beat will call. I think you played it fine. My guess is that CO went bonkers on the flop with A /images/graemlins/club.gif

Grease
01-06-2005, 04:31 PM
The river changes nothing. Since you safely bet the turn, bet the river too. I'm sure 2 pair will pay you off. You can fold to a raise as long as your opponent isn't that type of player.

W. Deranged
01-06-2005, 04:59 PM
Which is more likely here: two pair, or a lone king that is afraid to raise the turn because of the possibilities of flushes and AK?

I think the latter, personally, which makes me very tempted to check the river.

Grease
01-06-2005, 05:12 PM
I definitely see what you're saying. I had a hand almost identical to this, but I was against a LAGish player. I think that checking is the superior play, given this opponent and situation.