PDA

View Full Version : 77 in the BB

Fat Nicky
01-06-2005, 04:02 PM
No read on MP2

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $3.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 (poster) folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, SB folds.

River: (9.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

Grease
01-06-2005, 04:08 PM
Why did you check/call the flop when most of the deck would be bad for you? Your position relative to the PRF sucks, but you have to protect what little hand you have here with some sort of bet or raise. I like the rest, though.

Fat Nicky
01-06-2005, 04:23 PM
At the time, I checked to look at the action in front of me and said to myself, if it wasn't raised I'd lead the turn. Now, I realize that was a terrible idea.

Grease
01-06-2005, 04:27 PM
The problem was your position. There is no way you can contront the field with two cold to drive out the overpairs. Either you bet and hope that the PRF raises the field and gets the SB out, but then you have the other limper. Or you can c/r, which the PFR might three bet, which would suck, or the SB would only have one to call, which would also suck. I would probably lead out, because there's no guarantee that he'll bet if checked do, especially if he's weak and just has overcards.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
01-06-2005, 04:37 PM
Checkraise the flop and lead the turn. I like a flop c/r better than a bet because MP2 will most likely bet if checked to, but will probably not raise if you bet and he only has overcards. This way you can at least force UTG+1 to call two cold and put MP2 on the defensive. If MP2 3-bets I think you can safely put him on a big pair and fold the turn unimproved.

PokerBob
01-06-2005, 04:42 PM
Why did you play so weakly on the flop? More than likely your hand is good. Bet it or at least c/r.

W. Deranged
01-06-2005, 04:43 PM
Check-raising the flop and leading the turn definitely seems to be the line here. With one player separating you from the pre-flop better on either side, you have to figure out a way to try to drive out one of the two, and I agree with the previous comment that you are more likely to get a bet from MP2 than a raise if you bet and he has overcards. So check-raise to pressure UTG+1 (who is very likely to call one bet with overcards). Then lead the turn regardless of what comes. If an A or maybe a K comes on the turn and you get raised by MP2, consider abandoning ship.