PDA

View Full Version : STT star posters?

schwza
01-06-2005, 03:59 PM
NLHE cash player looking to move to sit n go's. who are some of the most respected posters here?

thanks.

The Yugoslavian
01-06-2005, 04:11 PM
This is lifted from what I wrote in another thread:

2+2 Reading List (use search function liberally, especially the Older Archives) in no particular order:

Eastbay
Can be heavy on the math but author of many great lists and tools. He always cuts to the heart of the matter.

PrayingMantis
My personal favorite, -- he's very into meta-analsysis which applies more to higher buyins but I've really improved from his discussions and insight.

Jason Strasser (strassa2)
Brings up great discussion topics -- good material on needing to be aggressive on bubble -- 'any two win baby.'

ZeeJustin
Sometimes just says 'push' or 'fold' without reasoning but when he does lay out his reasoning, it is top notch, .

AleoMagus
His guide is great and is always involved in the most valuable SNG 2+2 discussions. Plus for most of his posts he was not always playing the 50+5 buyins -- so he's an invaluable contributer to 10+1 - 30+3 theory.

IrieGuy
Very good grasp of game theory and always has helpful/good insights.

Daliman
Very successful $215 grinder -- he divulges all sorts of information about himself and his play that offers a unique glimpse into what a pro SNG player is thinking.

Frozen
This guy cracks me up and has several $215 SNGs for view on teamfu.freeshell.org. He hasn't posted much in a while though so you may need to peruse the older archives.

Gigabet
Started posting recently and has a few insightful posts already.

These posters' posts mainly reside in the Older Archives:

Bozeman
Some posts are math-heavy and incomprehensible, , without a firm grasp of probability, etc. However, it's a huge shame he doesn't post much anymore b/c almost all of his posts are great.

Stagemusic
Great SNG guide way back when -- although his earning rate thing is WAY off. He has some good SNG advice though if you can find it.

There are many others as you will find out on your own. I think for SNG play this should be your reading list (Cloutier, Caffione, and Sklansky are good too but they're no PrayingMantis, Bozeman, and Eastbay!).

Good luck!

It is from this thread, which may be of some use:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1400435&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&vc=1

texasrattlers
01-06-2005, 05:06 PM
In addition to the excellent posters mentioned above, I have also learned a lot from

adanthar
zephry
UMTerp
Gramps

In fact, one of the things on my to do list is to go through all of the old postings from Gramps. All of his postings seem to give lucid, thorough and expert analysis of game situations.

Irieguy
01-06-2005, 05:12 PM
I can add a few names (also in no particular order):

-Adanthar: very strong tactical advice lately

-Lorinda/Lori: best low limit advice on this forum

-ChrisV: Alway gives his line on a hand, and it's usually pretty sound

And my sleeper pick:

Phil Van Sexton: Don't hear much from this guy, but he's laid a few golden eggs in the past few weeks.

Irieguy

The Yugoslavian
01-06-2005, 05:22 PM
OMG, one of my star posters responded to my message /images/graemlins/shocked.gif. This is better than that time I got Justin Timberlake to autograph my g/f breasts, /images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

Seriously though, Irie has included other very strong posters. It was quite dumb of me to leave them off my list.

I like the idea of a sleeper pick. Mine would be schwza, I think we'll hear great things from that cat once he's up to 'snuff on adjusting form NLHE ring to SNGs, /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

skipperbob
01-08-2005, 06:55 PM
What about the Dreaded Skip? <font color="brown"> </font>

citanul
01-08-2005, 07:04 PM
This list, plus the list in the next post, are damn good.

The problem I have with both of them, is that I feel that some of the posters should move up, or be greater recognized, for the fact that they post frequently in this forum.

Particularly Irie and ChrisV (who I find I agree with about 100% of the time) post so frequently and with such quality that if I were to want to read just "a bunch of a person's stuff" I'd probably go with those. However, if what I wanted was to find like "all star posts" the other guys again get good consideration.

I'm disappointed (sad) to find that Gigabet doesn't post more. He is clearly a good player, a nice guy, and has some interesting ways of thinking about things. I find that I often agree with his lines (many not posted, but observed) and, more interestingly, he is not always conventional in his thought process.

Anyway, yeah, if only Chris would stop beating me to so many of the posts I want to make, it would be great /images/graemlins/smile.gif actually, saving me the carpel tunnel (ow) is very nice.

citanul