PDA

View Full Version : worst beat u ever put on someone else?

PokerPaul
01-06-2005, 03:57 PM
we always seem to remember whenever we suffer a bad beat in a big situation. But like Bobby Baldwin said....a good poker player will suffer far more bad beat drawouts than they get, because good players will rarely put themself in the situation where they need to catch longshot draws.

So, i'd just like to hear some suckouts or miracle draws you pulled....and im talking in a big situation for you personally. (ie. a STT for regular stakes doesnt qualify, or another tourney but still far off money etc.)

for example, mine was about 4 years ago in the very first live $200 NL tourney i played at the mirage.

close to 60 people in ... top 6 get paid

down to 8. i have average stack and could cruise into money as there were 2 short stacks in survival mode.

i get Ac3c on button..all fold to me...i put in moderate raise. chip leader in BB calls. not what i wanted but lets see flop.

Ah Kc 8c.....great flop..top pair with nut flush draw on board. Don't want to mess around with the guy, just want to take it right then and there and wait for the money to gamble again.

He checks..i move in.

he immediately calls and shows KK.

I am royally F'd and start cursing myself for basically taking the fall instead one of the short stacks.

Anyways i still got a chance if i make the club flush.

Turn....Ad......Flush worthless now, he just made kings full of aces and i am screwed. I pick up my coat and start putting it on.

I thought i was drawing dead..

dealer burns a card...then rivers....8d

all kinds of commotion at table from players and onlookers..takes me a moment to realize i just made aces full of 8's..had to double check in a half trance..that beats kings full of aces right??

sure enough it did..in that spot he lost with kings full of aces to the lone ace i was holding in my hand.

He was livid..understandably....i was smiling rest of way.

I think it was at that very moment i became hooked on poker...nothing like the high i experienced in those few minutes..or so i thought.

it turns out...i then went on to win the whole thing, taking in around $5000 for first place.....yet another emotional high about an hour after that turning point hand.

I felt sorry for the guy, but since then i can honestly say i have suffered way more longshot drawouts than the other way around.

bigredlemon
01-06-2005, 05:23 PM
You were a little over 1/3rd to win that... you just happened to win it in a rarer way.

Marcotte
01-06-2005, 05:38 PM
Well, it wasn't for high stakes, but it happened recently.

NLHE at the Luxor on New Years Day. 10 handed, blinds of 1, 1 and 2. Restricted buy-in of $50 (?!). I'd been playing tight, not getting many hands, but had my stack up to about 75 or so. Get KQ utg and raise it to 15. (Yeah, probably not a good move). A guy in MP moves in for about 40 total and the rest fold, so its 25 to me to win almost 60. I call and he flips over KK.

I'm crestfallen, ready to muck my cards right there, but the guy two to my right is pumping me up... "Any two can win...you never know what will flop.

Flop comes AcJcTc. I've got the nut straight, but I look over and see the Kc in my opponents hand. A red T comes on the turn. Now he has a few more outs to the boat. A blank comes on the river so my straight held up.

Side note: The (limit) games at Luxor and the Flamingo were the softest I've ever seen, thanks to all the frat boys drinking it up for New Years. I know the card rooms were busy, but the games were run terribly. At the Flamingo, we went out to watch the fireworks and when we returned the lady sitting to my left had been moved and a guy from the other end of our table was now next to me. Her chips had been restacked and moved, and she thought she was short (she wasn't). Anyway, she was super pissed, and I was upset because the guy now on my left was strong (relative to the table) player and a total ass.

At the Luxor, the guy on my left almost lost $20 on his all-in when the dealer mis-stacked the side pot. It took about 10 min to sort out. On the very next hand, I get dealt a card that was so bent two of the corners rose above the felt about 1/8 of an inch. Ask for a set-up, dealer said next hand, I folded without looking and ran for the blackjack table.

El Maximo
01-06-2005, 05:41 PM
Was pushing into this guy alot. He kept timing out in the BB blind to annoy me. When we first go to the bubble he had 2x the stack I did. He finally catches a good hand and I suck out on him. He went nuts. Berated me for the rest of the tourney.

***** Hand History for Game 1281288868 *****
NL Hold'em $10 Buy-in + $1 Entry Fee Trny:7781354 Level:7 Blinds(200/400) - Thursday, December 09, 22:58:34 EDT 2004
Table Table 18345 (Real Money)
Seat 4 is the button
Total number of players : 4
Seat 3: TeldarPaper ( $2365 )
Seat 4: Wolf_0969 ( $1425 )
Seat 7: El Maximo ( $3145 )
Seat 9: wibama ( $1065 )
Trny:7781354 Level:7
Blinds(200/400)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to El Maximo [ 3s 3h ]
TeldarPaper folds.
Wolf_0969 folds.
El Maximo is all-In.
wibama is all-In.
** Dealing Flop ** [ Td, 9h, Ts ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 6c ]
** Dealing River ** [ 3c ]
El Maximo shows [ 3s, 3h ] a full house, Threes full of tens.
wibama shows [ Qc, Qs ] two pairs, queens and tens.
wibama finished in fourth place.
El Maximo wins 2080 chips from side pot #1 with a full house, Threes full of tens.
El Maximo wins 2130 chips from the main pot with a full house, Threes full of tens.

KenProspero
01-06-2005, 06:58 PM
From memory.

Heads up, Hero (about a 2-1 chip lead)is dealt AKs. Villian goes all-in, Hero calls.

When the Cards are turned, Villian shows AA. Flop was KK6 (or something like that).

To his credit, Villian was cool with it (and stated that he would have gone all-in with my hand too), and to be honest, I'm not sure it'even a horrible bad beat, since both of us played the hand correctly (IMO). But it was an odds beater.

johnnybeef
01-06-2005, 07:15 PM
i went all in in a live tourney with Ad5d under the gun with 7 people left and 2.5 x the big blind as the low stack. nest to act raises me about 1/2 a big blind, chip leader calls. i forget what the guy who raised had but the chip leader had 55. the flop comes 5d4c4d giving him a full house. i river him with the only card that could beat him...the three of diamonds, this pot helped me win $500 as the winner of the tourney.

johnny

p.s. unlike the countless bad beats i have suffered this is the only bad beat ive given that i vividly remember.

assron
01-06-2005, 07:28 PM
5 handed in a $109 sng, bdealt KQ in 2nd position, so I raised up the pot. two callers. flop K rag rag, checked all the way around. Another blank on the turn, I bet hard and then am called and reraised all in. I dont have a lot of chips left, so I make the call hoping I'm ahead. Third player also makes the call. Cards turn over, the player who pushed had K5 which I had beat, but the second caller had AA. Case K hits the river and I take down the majority of the pot.

gergery
01-06-2005, 07:43 PM
I’ve had bottom set and caught my 1-outer for quads to beat top set. I’ve had that done to me too, and winning was much more fun.

morgan180
01-06-2005, 07:59 PM
i think the best was last night playing limit (small stakes 1/2) but still pretty good:

I'm dealt KK

preflop capped betting
flop comes 3 low cards cap the betting again
at which point villan says in chat "i have AA" to which i don't reply
turn card is a sweet K
turn is capped
river is 4 bet

he turns over AA

love it.

partygirluk
01-06-2005, 08:09 PM
I have Jd3h. HU SNG. Flop is

Jc 7c 5c

We get it all in. He shows the flush.

3,J runner.

I play good.

rjb03
01-06-2005, 09:13 PM
Early in a SNG several limpers to me on the button with KQs on stars. Flop came KQx and checked to CO who bet pot. I raised, he reraised all in and I called. He tabled KK... Turn Q river Q.

stillnotking
01-06-2005, 09:50 PM
Table Table 19142 (Real Money)
$50+5 NL SNG
Seat 2 is the button
Total number of players : 2
Seat 1: Hero (4190)
Seat 2: Villain (5810)

Blinds(200/400)

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ As 3h ]

Villain calls [200].
Hero checks.

** Dealing Flop ** [ Ac Ks Kh ]

Hero checks.
Villain checks.

** Dealing Turn ** [ Kd ]

Hero checks.
Villain is all-in. (5410)
Hero calls.

** Dealing River ** [ Kc ]

Hero shows [ As, 3h ] four of a kind, Kings with an Ace.
wibama shows [ Ad, Ah ] four of a kind, Kings with an Ace.

Maybe not technically a "bad beat" because I didn't win the whole pot, but he certainly seemed upset!

Marcotte
01-06-2005, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe not technically a "bad beat" because I didn't win the whole pot, but he certainly seemed upset!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the funniest thing I've read here since the post about crapping your pants right after starting a SNG.

Benholio
01-07-2005, 01:04 AM
Worst I ever did was on the bubble of a $22 or $33 SNG. I made a steal raise from UTG with K8s.

BB called me. Flop comes AA8. I caught a piece, so after he checked I went all-in. He turns over Ax and I hit running 8's to bust him out. He was a 989/990 chance to win when we got all the money in.

ilya
01-07-2005, 01:50 AM
Y'all are bad-beat amateurs.

I had KK, he had AQ. Money went all-in preflop, but he didn't make a mistake -- he pushed with a short stack and I called from the blinds. The AQA flop looked pretty good for him. Turn was a K. River was a K.

Ok, I guess technically this wasn't a "bad beat" since I was ahead when the money went in....but still...I mean, I had 0.101% equity on the flop...

PoBoy321
01-07-2005, 02:01 AM
.25-.50 table

KK in EP and the flop comes AQ3r (or something like that).

I had raised pre-flop, so I figured that I'd bet in hopes of taking it down. The villain was a short stack and didn't have much more than was in the pot, so I just put him all-in. He calls. Turn comes K. River comes K. He shows AA for Aces full of kings, I have 4 kings. Ouch.

Edit: Whoops, I just realized that this exact same hand has been posted like 5 times. Oh well. Now it's 6.

DC_Camel
01-07-2005, 02:36 AM
MTT (about 8 mos ago), I was CO, blinds t100/200, i had 750 chips left, UTG went AI with 800 chips, play folded around to me, i had 49o, went to hit the fold button and hit call instead, button and both blinds folded. I typed in "crap, meant to fold, gg". He turned over TT, i turned over my 49, and then the flop came 449. Table started to giggle here and there, i was feeling bad, then the turn came the case 4 to give me quads. He blinded out the next hand. I felt sick to my stomach for almost half an hour. At least I didn't throw up... I'm not sure he can say the same.

adanthar
01-07-2005, 02:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny because he played that as badly as humanly possible.

curtains
01-07-2005, 04:54 AM
I went allin UTG with 27o because I had to steal, and if blinds came I wouldn't be able to steal anymore. The BB called me with AA. Flop came AA4 rainbow!
Things looked bad, but the turn was a 6 and river was a 5th ace, thus making the hand void, due to a duplicate card.

schwah
01-07-2005, 06:21 AM
stars tourney when i had only been playing a couple months

QQ vs AA on an ATx board

turn J river K

lacky
01-07-2005, 07:36 AM
my best was both all in on the turn, he had the higher flush, I caught my 1 out for the straight flush.

PokerPaul
01-07-2005, 11:41 AM
OMG..LOL...

that is indeed a rare kind of suckout.

but i gotta ask.....where in hell do u play cards?

gotta make sure i never go there..

curtains
01-07-2005, 04:05 PM
OK ok I was joking. I couldn't outdo anyone with any of my real life suckouts, so I had to make one up. This actually happened at the WSOP this year. Also the worst beat ever happened there, as someone was allin on flop with 55 on a 552 flop, when their opponent had 99. Turn 9, river 9.

PokerPaul
01-07-2005, 04:16 PM
u mean there was a hand with 5 aces at WSOP??
how on earth did that happen?

or were u joking again?

Potowame
01-07-2005, 04:38 PM
This was the worst beat I have ever been a part of, I know this is for what you put on some on but you have to see this.

UB .5 1.00 NL

HERO 99 mp3

UTG $90 Raises $2 to $3

Folded to Hero $125 Calls , Sb $90 Calls

Pot $11

Flop 955

SB Checks , Utg Bets Pot 11, hero Calls 11, SB calls 11

Pot 44

Turn 4 SB Checks , UTG Pushes $76, Hero calls -All in , Sb calls .

Pot $272

River 5

SB wins A5 suited
Hero 2nd (99) lol fh 99955
UTG 3rd (44) 44455

/images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Frenchie
01-07-2005, 05:25 PM
Wow, Wibama shows up in 2 of these bad beats as the loser.

curtains
01-07-2005, 06:53 PM
No it wasnt 5 aces, but a duplicate card came up.