PDA

View Full Version : an AKs hand

Chris Daddy Cool
01-06-2005, 03:42 PM
i normally don't do this, button seems reasonable

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Super Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Super Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Super Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Super Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO folds.

Turn: (8 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Super Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Super Hero raises</font>...

01-06-2005, 03:44 PM
I like it. Especially if Button is a good thinking player.

Grease
01-06-2005, 03:46 PM
It's ballsy, and I think I like it. If the button is indeed reasonable, he could realize that you're "slowplaying" a jack. If he calls, you have the flush draw to fall back on. It would only really suck if MP3 calls or even worse, check/raises. I assume you do this very selectively, and given your read, it seems like a good situation in which to do it.

MyssGuy
01-06-2005, 03:58 PM
I think this is very player dependent. Would MP3 slow play the jack? Would the button recongize and read your play as a jack being slow played? Personally, I don't like doing this two two players who are seeing the turn with no draw on the flop.

DemonDeac Holding Rockets
01-06-2005, 03:59 PM
since you don't normally do that (assuming ur refering to the turn c/r) i like the play. if you were to get called you got the flush outs and i think your ace and king outs are live since im puttin the button on 10s or Qs.

wuwei
01-06-2005, 04:08 PM
Was that the plan all along, or the did the flush draw influence your thinking?

disjunction
01-06-2005, 04:13 PM
I agree with the first sentence. I think you are too predictable if you *never* do this.

KHALI
01-06-2005, 04:50 PM
I really like the semi-bluff play here as it could easily look like a slow played jack. I like the fact that it is into more than one opponent as it gives more strength to the move but is also a little more risky.
One question that does come to mind(keep in mind I am relatively new to this) is what is your perceived image of yourself?(what do you think he thinks of you?) What hands does he think you will call three(sorry 2.5) bets preflop with? Which of those hands contains a jack? Would you call with AJ, KJ,QJ, JTsuited? Even Sklansky says facing a raise and reraise you should dump JJ(most likely holding I guess) preflop so I would be very puzzled with the raise here if I was playing you unless I perceived you to be very aggressive and you defend your blinds a lot with a range of hands. If your opponent is aggressive I would probably expect a reraise here if you have a solid image yourself. Comments on this line of thinking? Am I clueless or is there some merit in the thoughts?

evain
01-06-2005, 05:19 PM
I don't like this into two players. I call on the turn now that you are here but if you are up against AA KK or QQ (and you may be) they probably will not fold yet. Heads up I love it. Two players with strength makes me uneasy.

evain

Hoi Polloi
01-06-2005, 06:11 PM
I would make this play a lot heads up. Against two I probably wouldn't.

Does anyone see any value in a flop raise? Maybe gets HU, maybe reveals someone with J?

me454555
01-06-2005, 07:08 PM
What does "button seems reasonable" mean?

No pf cap? I was sure you'd cap this one pf.
I like playin it this way as opposed to raising the flop. I think you can toss it if you get 3 bet. What is your plan on the river? Check call or bet out?

Brunger
01-06-2005, 07:29 PM
Do you think that you have enough folding equity here. I do not play in the party 15 but from what I read in posts it doesn't sound like many pre flop 3-bettors will fold here unless you read him as such a player. I am also suprised at the lack of a cap pre-flop but since you didn't I think this is a very valid line to take. If called, what is your plan on the river. To fire another barrel I assume. It is also not unreasonable that you currently hold the best hand or are free-rolling to it. The best part of this play is that it forces Mp3 to fold all hands not containing a jack especially a smaller pair he was hoping to get to the river with.

Entity
01-06-2005, 07:31 PM
Fish Daddy,

I like. I'm not sure about not capping preflop, but whatever. I think you've got the best hand a good amount of the time, are freerolling some of the time too. Add in folding equity from a decent Button and having a fair amount of outs in a big pot, I think it's a good play.

Rob

wuwei
01-06-2005, 09:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you can toss it if you get 3 bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding the nut flush draw on the turn isn't an option.

Chris Daddy Cool
01-06-2005, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would make this play a lot heads up. Against two I probably wouldn't.

Does anyone see any value in a flop raise? Maybe gets HU, maybe reveals someone with J?

[/ QUOTE ]

everything about this hand is abnormal to me, cuz i usually do cap this preflop and i usually don't semibluff turn checkraise.

funny thing is, it is the fact that i have 2 opponents rather than having it heads up that makes me want to checkraise this turn.

also. i like checkcalling the flop better than checkraising at the current moment.

me454555
01-06-2005, 10:12 PM
oops missed that part of it. I'm a moron /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Chris Daddy Cool
01-07-2005, 01:50 AM
button folded. I win.

btw. who likes c/r the flop? who likes checkcalling? why? and any other various thoughts?