PDA

View Full Version : This guy can party

AncientPC
01-06-2005, 03:14 PM
Link (http://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/2005/01/04/drunk-bulgarian-050104.html)

[ QUOTE ]
SOFIA, BULGARIA - Bulgarian doctors tested a man's blood-alcohol level five times before accepting it was 0.914 – nearly twice the amount considered to be life-threatening.

The 67-year-old man landed in hospital on Dec. 20 after a car knocked him off his feet in the southern Bulgarian city of Plovdiv, police and doctors said Tuesday.

A breath test indicated blood-alcohol levels so high that police thought their equipment was broken, because the man remained conscious and talked with them.

The head of Plovdiv police, Col. Angel Rangelov, said five separate lab tests taken the same day confirmed the man's blood-alcohol level of 0.914.

A blood-alcohol level of 0.55 is considered potentially fatal.

In comparison, the Bulgarian man's level was more than 11 times higher than the legal blood-alcohol limit for drivers in Canada, which is 0.08.

The man, who has not been identified, was reported to be in stable condition after being treated for head injuries.

[/ QUOTE ]

ThaSaltCracka
01-06-2005, 03:16 PM
I wonder what kind of BAC alcholics can get up to?

J.R.
01-06-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A breath test indicated blood-alcohol levels so high that police thought their equipment was broken, because the man remained conscious and talked with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was he on meth or some other amphetamine as well?

wacki
01-06-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mixing drugs with alcohol multiplies the effect, so I hope not.

BusterStacks
01-06-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i.e. - Infinite drinking powers

TheJunkyardGod
01-06-2005, 03:32 PM
Jesus, .9 is insane.

My friend had this personal brethalyzer at a party one time. Naturally, all the drunk kids wanted to test it out and see who was the drunkest.

Then it became a contest as to who can get the drunkest....

I blew a .45 and could barely walk. My friend hit .5 and threw up for 6 hours.

I couldnt imagine .9, that guys a beast.

jakethebake
01-06-2005, 03:33 PM
He's my God.

billyjex
01-06-2005, 03:38 PM
When I was a freshman, there were people who went around downtown to test people for a survey.. I don't remember, but my friends said I blew a .3, and it was probably the most drunk (or top 5 most drunk) I've ever been.

Some kid died at my school a few years ago, I think his was .4. So .9 is insane.

J.R.
01-06-2005, 03:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Mixing drugs with alcohol multiplies the effect,

[/ QUOTE ]

This is silly.

wacki
01-06-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

This is silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

No personal experience with meth, but

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=alcohol+multiplies+drugs&btnG=Googl e+Search

I've read mixing meth and alcohol dramatically increases the fatality rate. But as I've said before, no personal experience with meth.

J.R.
01-06-2005, 04:30 PM
alcohol is a depressant, so mixing it with opiates or barbituates (other depressants like prescription pain pills or ketamine) amplifies the effect. But stimulants, like cocaine and meth (and even hallucinagins like PCP and acid), when mixed with depressants like alcohol, tend to somewhat mute or mask the effect of the alcohol

[ QUOTE ]
Mixing alcohol with stimulants can be dangerous. The effects of alcohol may be hidden by the effects of the stimulant which may cause you to feel less drunk than you are. This may mean you take more risks, and put yourself in danger. For more information about what stimulants are check out the drugs fact sheet.

[/ QUOTE ]

link (http://www.reachout.com.au/default.asp?ti=68)

Considering this guy was found after getting hit by a car, this sounds right on.

Another muting alcohol's effect drug is LSD:

[ QUOTE ]
Acid (LSD): Visual hallucinations of LSD decrease. User often finds him/herself able to drink more alcohol than normal without experiencing the same level of inebriation.

[/ QUOTE ]

link (http://vsa.vassar.edu/~source/drugs/interactions.html)

Boris
01-06-2005, 05:00 PM
Stud of the year.