PDA

View Full Version : Getting the most of my house?

TylerD
01-06-2005, 03:04 PM
$33 game on PokerRoom, no particular read on opponent. 7 handed. Blinds $50/$100.

UTG folds
UTG calls
MP calls
Eveyone else folds to Me and I check with [2S,QH] ($2,085 in chips)

FLOP [board cards QS,6S,QD ]

Me checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks.

TURN [board cards QS,6S,QD,6H ]
Me checks, UTG bets $200, UTG +1 folds. I check-raise all-in.

Thoughts?

varadero
01-06-2005, 03:22 PM
I feel it is hopelessly unlikely that UTG will call with anything less than sixes full. Given that there is a very slim likelihood that he will call your bet, i think the check raise does nothing but drive someone out that has just (potentially) shown that he will bet into a doubly paired board with less than a boat. My play? Stall for a while and then call the turn and try to c/r the river - he will only bet if checked to, and will probably not call a bet (your thoughts?). BTW, I usually bet a two toned flop if i have trips, but since you have a healthy stack you can risk giving the free card.

microbet
01-06-2005, 04:04 PM
Sounds good. Hope he makes a bluff at you.

Unless for some reason you have been going all-in a lot. Then you may go all-in and hope he thinks you are a nut.

schwza
01-06-2005, 04:10 PM
need to know others' stack sizes.

if you had been playing aggressively, this would be a good time to bet. someone could play back with a 6 or a flush draw or a hand like 88. if you have not been trying to pick up a lot of pots, checking the flop is better.

after the flop is checked through, check call the turn. if villain is loose, make a small bet and try to get paid off by A high or a 6. if he's aggro, check-raise.

TylerD
01-06-2005, 05:54 PM
He had slighly less than me. My thinking on the turn was to go for a check-raise, but I figured that a smallish c/r would define my hand to well. It *may* get called by a 6 (and obviously the case Q), but not much else. A massive all-in on the other hand would look like a bluff and is likely to be called by a 6 and would have a much better chance of getting called by middle pairs and possibly even an Ace.