PDA

View Full Version : AQo from BB, big pot

Fat Nicky
01-06-2005, 01:13 PM
1st hand at table so no reads.

My main question is on my thought process on the turn.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

<font color="blue"> I'm pretty sure i'm up against 2 pair here. My A out is tainted to anyone holding an A. I am confident my Q outs are good as the only set I am logically up against is a set of 3s as 10s, Js, and Qs are usually raised pre-flop. AK is unlikely because of no pre-flop raise. There is also a small chance I am still ahead and someone is playing a mid pair and a draw aggressivly. I call getting ~13 or 14 to 1.</font>

River: (15 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, MP3 folds.

<font color="blue">Easy call getting 17-1??? </font>

Final Pot: 18 BB

Festus22
01-06-2005, 01:32 PM
Routine.

Folding the turn would be criminal. You have 2 outs to the nuts (black kings), 2 more to the nut straight (red kings - say 1.5 net), your ace outs are tainted but live (call it 1.5 outs), and your queen outs are also tainted but live (estimate 1 more out). So I'd estimate you have 6 combined outs getting 13:1 to call. PLUS there's the chance (albeit slim) that's you're ahead.

joesbarngrill
01-06-2005, 01:45 PM
I agree routine call.

Chris Daddy Cool
01-06-2005, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Routine.

Folding the turn would be criminal. You have 2 outs to the nuts (black kings), 2 more to the nut straight (red kings - say 1.5 net), your ace outs are tainted but live (call it 1.5 outs), and your queen outs are also tainted but live (estimate 1 more out). So I'd estimate you have 6 combined outs getting 13:1 to call. PLUS there's the chance (albeit slim) that's you're ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh btw, what if the villian has JT for turned two pair. hero would have three 3's to help him too.

Fat Nicky
01-06-2005, 02:07 PM
Thanks for the replies. I was pretty sure i played this correctly. Sometimes i doubt myself though.

BTW, CO had JT for the boar, SB has K9 for a straight.

BottlesOf
01-06-2005, 02:23 PM
Yea you played this well.

The only obvious mistake was calling this hand AQo when it was actually AQs /images/graemlins/smirk.gif