PDA

View Full Version : I hate these situations...

dfscott
01-06-2005, 12:28 PM
Down to 5 at the last table of a live, winner-take-all consolation MTT.

I'm down to 5BB -- the short stack or close to it. Folded to me in the SB. I have Q4s. BB has about the same size stack as me. She is loose, but not particularly aggressive about defending her blinds.

zaxx19
01-06-2005, 01:12 PM
Yo, you gotta give some more info her elike where everyone else is at chip-wise..I mean if the leader has like 100xbb its a different story than if he has say 12BB...I dont like just completing here to be honest..and yu cant min raise so... I think all things being equal if she is loose i fold. Anything playable in a full game is auto push as well as A-x K-8 and up...

dfscott
01-06-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yo, you gotta give some more info her elike where everyone else is at chip-wise..

[/ QUOTE ]

No monster stacks -- just 3 big ones. I'd say that the others are anywhere from 10BB to around 20BB.

zaxx19
01-06-2005, 03:07 PM
Damn if its winner takes all...I guess you gotta push. Raises the ? of whether this is just an auto-push here anyway?

slogger
01-06-2005, 03:12 PM
unless the larger stacks have fewer than 15 BB also, I think this is a near auto-push.

The only other option is a fold, but I think this is terribly weak, and given the payout structure, foolhardy.

No matter what, you cannot let the BB see a flop for less than all of her stack.

dfscott
01-06-2005, 04:28 PM
Well, sounds like I did the right thing. I pushed. BB says, "well, I'm ready to go home anyway" and calls with 32o.

Unfortunately, I missed the entire board, BB hits a 3 and I go home instead, but I still got my money in with the best hand. Just wanted to make sure it was the right situation.