PDA

View Full Version : AA UTG early

dfscott
01-06-2005, 12:22 PM
2nd or 3rd level of a 3-table live tourney (one 1 or 2 out so far). Very fast blinds (less than one orbit), very loose and inexperienced players.

UTG raises have just been stealing the blinds, so I limp AA UTG. 2 callers, aggressive BB min-raises. I re-raise the pot (about 6BB -- around 1/4 of my stack). 2nd limper (a good, tight player with a stack about the same as mine) calls, everyone else folds.

Flop comes TJx.

Two questions:

1) How was this pre-flop?

2) What's my flop action?

Al Mirpuri
01-07-2005, 06:46 AM
You push AA preflop if you think the players are bad enought to call. If the players are not bad enough to call an allin preflop then you play it like you did and push on the flop.

dfscott
01-08-2005, 10:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You push AA preflop if you think the players are bad enought to call. If the players are not bad enough to call an allin preflop then you play it like you did and push on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought as much. MP had pocket jacks and busted me. Just wanted to make sure I shouldn't have pushed pre-flop to try and get them to drop right there. She said she wouldn't have, but you never know.

Al Mirpuri
01-10-2005, 12:40 PM
You do not want anyone to fold. You want them to go allin against your AA whilst they have less of a hand than you.