PDA

View Full Version : The Landminds of a $5 trny.

Potowame
01-06-2005, 12:17 PM
Okay this has been a huge problem in my game and I want to know if I, should be playing these situations different to reduice my chances from being eliminated.

I had been playing a somewhat tight game and was doing very well, At one point during the second hour I was the chip leader, After these two hands (within 5 hands of each other I was on a resperator).

Sry UB no HH

BB 150/300 50 ante

Hero T10500 SB with Q /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif

Folded to Mp3 T4800 Raises to 600
Folded to Hero Reraises to 2000

Mp3 Pushes all-in for another 2800
Hero calls All-in

Mp3 K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (flops nut Str8)

Hero thanks him for his fishy play, and crys at the results.

Next hand two hands later.

Hero T5500 in CO JJ

Folded to MP3 3000 who mini raises to 600
Hero Again reraises to 2500
Mp3 Calls All-in

A /images/graemlins/heart.gif10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif for Mp3 who flops a A.

Going into these hands I was fairly sure I Had a big enough edge to push, not as sure with the JJ. I cant help to think that in these situations I could play them differently and insure my survival and still win a nice pot or get away from the hands with a small lose.

So, I guess My question here is how would you have played these hands (in a low buy-in). Would a call be bad in these situations, I really dont want the BB and coming along here. But, just trying to figure a way to not get crippled like this in the future.

junkmail3
01-06-2005, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I really dont want the BB and coming along here. But, just trying to figure a way to not get crippled like this in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop getting so unlucky and you should do fine. I can see you need to study more to get better at luck.