PDA

View Full Version : River decision

JeffO
01-06-2005, 11:59 AM
I don't remember any specific reads. I'm at work and my pokertracker is at home.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (10.66 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls, BB folds, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (9.33 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (13.33 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 13.33 BB

Whe UTG+2 lead out on this flop put him on a flush draw, top pair or set. When the 8 paired on the river I decided to check it thru. Thoughts?

stoxtrader
01-06-2005, 12:04 PM
well, i think you miss value by not betting. I'll post this first, and then come back and look at the math.

DeeJ
01-06-2005, 06:54 PM
This is similar to oodles of hands in which I get scared (quite unnecessarily) at the river and 'safely' check through only to win fairly easily. I think it's a major hole in my game to not be picking up the odd BB at the river whereas I am quite content to call with rubbish and lose the odd BB.

Anyway, enough about me. What about you?

There are 3 others, but I would say they have an 8 maybe 20% of the time and a 9 say 30% of the time. worth a bet at the river, yes with 13.33 BB in the pot.

hardinda
01-06-2005, 07:00 PM
If you bet the river, do you get called, does he fold, or only get raised if you are beat. That's the question I'd ask.

I agree with the check, b/c i'm of the mindframe where you only get raised if you are beat and he folds if he is beat.

Kaz The Original
01-06-2005, 07:10 PM
What does pot size have to do with the decision to bet the river?

oscark
01-06-2005, 07:21 PM
Decent size pot encourages opponents to call with very little.

golferbrent
01-06-2005, 08:53 PM
Don't have a problem with the check... if you read the UTG+2 player who bet flop for a flush draw... then you have to put the players behind you on something... they did call 2 bets cold on flop... after voluntarily entering the pot for a raise... However, once they check, I believe you showed a winner... players behind must of had 6-6 and maybe 5-7... while player infront of you missed his Axs draw... if not then CO had the winner with J-J... only hand I can see beating you if read of UTG+2 is on for draw...

Good hand well played... please let me know what you think of my read of the situation... I have been off for 6 weeks from game and am getting ready to get rolling again... need to shake rust off... would appreciate your thoughts on my analysis...

JeffO
01-07-2005, 09:23 AM
UTG+2 shows 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and his two pair was counterfeited when the river paired. I don't know why anyone would open limp from EP with a hand like that, but with that said he sure played it weak post flop. MP2 had AK, and the button had 33. MHIG