PDA

View Full Version : Interesting turn play. No really. Stop yawning.

Kaz The Original
01-06-2005, 06:26 AM
Hero is dealt 45 /images/graemlins/heart.gif in UTG and limps. For this game, that is unquestioanbly the best play. We're averaging five to a flop. It's six handed.

Hero has around $40 and has villian covered. Villian is playing super tight considering it's 6 handed, both pre flop and post flop. Has not bluffed yet and it's atleast 4 hours into the session. Is somehow down, probably from getting bad beat by the LAG. Villian is to my right in the BB.

Everyone gets into the act and we see the flop 6 handed. Flop ($1.50) comes 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif. Blinds check, I check and it's checked around. Infinite odds baby.

Turn ($1.50) is a beautiful 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Blinds check, I bet $1, one caller (random fish) and Villian check raises to $5. This is at least a 6. I'm ahead probably 80-90% of the time, but I start to think. He has atleast a 6. Unless a 4 or a 5 come I can almost certainly stack him on the river and it's possible I still can if they do. If I push now, he'll certainly call. If the board double pairs, I can get away from it on the river. So I just call. What do you guys think? Also, if he has the boat already and the board double pairs I get away cheap.

If he has my hand he'll check the river if the board double pairs certainly. He does NOT have an over pair here.

Pepsquad
01-06-2005, 06:49 AM
Very intereseting indeed. I like your line here. Just call.

mythrilfox
01-06-2005, 06:59 AM
I'm questioning the idea that he'll call if you push with just a 6. I think he needs at least a boat to call here, especially since stacks seem to be quite a bit deeper than your average pp room. IMO this may be a situation where you only get the money all-in if you're beat. I'd be looking to lose the least on this hand, not stack him.

So you call the turn. River pot is $11.50. He bets pot. Do you raise or call? Calling misses some possible value against hands you beat. If you raise and he pushes you feel sick, but by that point you're committed and there's not much you can do about it.

What do you think about this line? I once thought I would never min-raise, but I think this might be the time. Make it $9, that way pot is $19.50 going into river and it's still not out of control. Then fire out a cheap $11 milking bet or something, and if he pushes I think you can still safely fold there.

This depends though, I'm assuming he is a decent opponent, as a decent opponent is not pushing here without a boat. But with the double check, I very well damn think he may have flopped a boat. A lone 6 probably leads out weakly on the turn.

mythrilfox
01-06-2005, 07:05 AM
I guess I'm making this out to be more than you are, since your post seems to convey a more general question. You say he'll call now with just a 6? And you're afraid of being outdrawn? Well yeah, then call. But I'd still be afraid of a flopped boat. And I wouldn't be all that happy about getting it all-in if he shows a shitload of strength.

soah
01-06-2005, 07:31 AM
Looks fine. No reason to get your money in with the best of it when you can get it in later with waaaay the best of it instead.

Kaz The Original
01-06-2005, 07:46 AM
Note this is NOT Party Poker it is live.

Kaz The Original
01-06-2005, 04:31 PM
River is a deuce. He bets $3 and I call. This was probably the only mistake I made this hand (I think?). He says when I flat called he put me on the straight or a 6 witha better kicker but I'm still confidant I could have gotten his stack on a blank.

He shows his 6 and some off suit card, a 10?