PDA

View Full Version : It would be easier to just put fins on me...(Low content)

Grease
01-06-2005, 03:12 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds.

Final Pot: 2.75 BB

thirddan
01-06-2005, 03:16 AM
i don't get it /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Grease
01-06-2005, 03:18 AM
I tried to "deceive" my opponents by leading out when I flopped trips, and they just folded.

P.S. I am drunk and tired.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
01-06-2005, 03:35 AM
With that flop, if you're not getting any action by betting, you wouldn't have gotten any by checking either. You gotta bet and hope TT, 99, 88, 56 are out there and ready to pay you off.

W. Deranged
01-06-2005, 03:43 AM
Wrong! You are no fish (at least based on this hand)!

I'm pretty convinced that at low limits it is invariably correct to lead trips in pretty much any situation, regardless of position. Low limit players very rarely give credit for trips when you lead at the flop, and will chase down with overcards and lots of weak draws. Anyone with a 4 will keep going even though they're drawing dead. Players are so much more willing to put in bets on the flop than the turn that you should get your bets in on the flop.

Another way to think of it is this. What would checking do? Either someone is going to bet, and they probably would have called anyway. Or, you give a free turn card. What turn cards do you want? Probably some kind of A or face card, and chances are, opponents with those kinds of cards will take off the turn anyway (remember, many of them are very bad).

This time, you got unlucky. You were still right.