PDA

View Full Version : Anyone go to school near haverford college? (or any alums)?

lightw1thoutheat
01-06-2005, 02:14 AM
Hi,
I was just wondering if anybody here goes/went to haverford college in PA? Im a soph.

Oh yeah, im also wondering if anyone has even heard of Haverford college, stemming from an argument with a friend...

Also, if anyone goes to villanova, bryn mawr, or somewhere else close, maybe we could make a trip to AC in sometime in FEB/MAR.
thanks
-light

manpower
01-06-2005, 02:30 AM
This is a tremendously silly post. Why shouldn't I put one up asking if we've got any kids at Skidmore?

But i'll bite, I make it down to haverford about once a semester for my club sports team.

Aces McGee
01-06-2005, 12:03 PM
is your club sports team Ultimate?

-McGee

CCx
01-06-2005, 12:14 PM
i live in bala cynwyd, and am always down for a carpool to AC

Worrots
01-08-2005, 12:41 AM
I went to Swarthmore. Mrs. Worrots went to Haverford. It's a happy little Quaker school thing.

Used to be a good regular poker game at Swat with occasional excursions to AC, but that was years ago now...

Paluka
01-08-2005, 01:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i live in bala cynwyd, and am always down for a carpool to AC

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to live in Bala Cynwyd. Not a very exciting place. I often fell asleep on the way back from AC despite the huge signs that say STAY AWAKE.

ilya
01-08-2005, 01:18 AM
ah Haverford. first college I visited back when i was doing the college-visiting thing.

Gishdaddy
01-08-2005, 01:23 AM
Yeah, I'm an alum ('01)and I live just outside of Philly. Also (and I wish I had known this while at the 'Ford) the train from 30th St. to AC is only $6.60. It's quality if you're a poor college student (which you probably aren't if you go to Haverford but whatever).

PM me if you want to tag along on one of my excursions. I usually go to Bally's, as the 1/3 NL contains the dumbest people on Earth, I'm convinced . . .

Eric

CCx
01-08-2005, 01:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I used to live in Bala Cynwyd. Not a very exciting place. I often fell asleep on the way back from AC despite the huge signs that say STAY AWAKE.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, i agree not the most exciting, but the most convenient to center city without the wage tax and heavy car insurance - and those signs on the way back from AC are my favorite things in the world...if it wasnt for them i dont know how i would have stayed awake/alert/alive all this time /images/graemlins/grin.gif

lapoker17
01-08-2005, 01:35 AM
Grew up in Wayne.