PDA

View Full Version : Hurting my shoulder here while I pat myself on the back

SA125
01-06-2005, 12:23 AM
Just wanted to share my first tourney win with the forum and thank those who've helped clarify the game for me. I've played limit for years and NL cash games for a while. It's only recently that I've started playing tourneys. I've previously played 2 big ones and 2 mini's and earlier tonight scored my first nice hit.

It's no biggie but still has me feeling good. I paid $8 into a field of 158 and landed a seat at the final table that was good for a $300 seat into a $100K this weekend. We didn't play the final table but I was the chip leader. Tourney's are so tough because so much luck comes into play.

Anyway, I know it's no big deal but the hands and the analysis posted on this forum help a lot and I just wanted to thank all the posters who contribute to try and help others.

TrailofTears
01-06-2005, 12:38 AM
Well it is unlikely that I contributed one iota to this success, but I will take the time to congratulate you on it. So...Congratulations! I haven't taken the time to enter any tourneys but I might start to dabble a bit while playing some ring games. Can I ask what you play outside of these tournaments? I am a 6max player and I worry that I won't tighten up well or adjust to the full table. Is this something you or anyone else has had to deal with? Thanks, congrats, and best of luck in future ventures!

SA125
01-06-2005, 12:55 AM
"Can I ask what you play outside of these tournaments? I am a 6max player and I worry that I won't tighten up well or adjust to the full table. Is this something you or anyone else has had to deal with?"

Limit $10-20 and 15-30 and NL$50 and $100. Believe me when I tell you the biggest shock is the stupid plays. Half is the players fault and half is just being in a freeze-out. If you play tight and sit on a hand you can get what Brunson called "Brimcorned", which is blinded to death. On the other hand, you have some agro's who auto re-buy and go all-in left and right early to build a stack.

I find it's very similar and yet very far from a cash game, if that makes any sense.

TrailofTears
01-06-2005, 01:05 AM
Thanks for the help. I can't say that it made a ton of sense, but that is probably going to be the case until I get involved in a few tourneys and find the differences myself. I am actually thinking of trying out that step-tourney system at Party. I hear it's not too tough to beat, especially since making the top 40% or whatever keeps you at the same level for free. Well, again congrats and consider these posts to be a few pats on your back as well, if only to give your "achy shoulder" a break. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

- ToT

BobboFitos
01-06-2005, 09:39 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Congrats

GO MONEY