PDA

View Full Version : Misplayed top set

tbach24
01-05-2005, 11:14 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero ($25)
UTG ($25)
UTG+1 ($19.5)
MP1 ($34.85)
MP2 ($8)
MP3 ($15.6)
CO ($25)
Button ($54.45)
SB ($15.9)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif. UTG posts a blind of $0.5. MP3 posts a blind of $0.75. CO posts a blind of $0.5. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG (poster) checks, UTG+1 calls $0.50, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 (poster) checks, CO (poster) checks, Button folds, SB (poster) completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $1.50, MP3 folds, CO folds, SB folds.

Flop: ($6.25) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks.

Turn: ($6.25) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets $0.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: $8.75

Allinlife
01-05-2005, 11:52 PM
just because you had your opponent fold to you headsup doesn't mean you misplayed it.

mr pink
01-05-2005, 11:57 PM
should have just checked those tens in the big blind. then you'd have flopped a set in a big multiway pot instead of heads up. just my opinion.

peace - jeff

TrailofTears
01-06-2005, 12:53 AM
I don't like to check here PF, even though I usually would. While in this hand it would have been beautiful, there are more times where the flop shows overcards and you regret letting in posters holding Q4 or K6 or some BS hand. In this situation I raise for that reason, but I'm not exactly sure what is a better line so feel free to give me some feedback here.

soah
01-06-2005, 12:55 AM
With half of the table posting blinds and the first guy to act just limping in, I think raising is a good play. Getting all the posters to fold their J3o and stuff while getting their dead money into the pot can do a lot to improve your equity. You've managed to isolate a weak limper with a strong hand.

The mistake was not betting on the flop. If a free card causes the other guy to suddenly love his hand, then it's just as (or more) likely that he found a flush than something like TPTK. Plus, he expects you to auto-bet the flop and may call you down with weak hands that he would not bet with. You cannot win a big pot if you aren't going to bet.

The T.A.
01-06-2005, 02:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
With half of the table posting blinds and the first guy to act just limping in, I think raising is a good play. Getting all the posters to fold their J3o and stuff while getting their dead money into the pot can do a lot to improve your equity. You've managed to isolate a weak limper with a strong hand.

The mistake was not betting on the flop. If a free card causes the other guy to suddenly love his hand, then it's just as (or more) likely that he found a flush than something like TPTK. Plus, he expects you to auto-bet the flop and may call you down with weak hands that he would not bet with. You cannot win a big pot if you aren't going to bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Great post. Don't be afraid to bet if you've made a big hand -- in fact, sometimes even consider a slight overbet to try to induce a bluff. If your opponent does indeed have a flush draw, you could potentially suck him out for a lot of money.