PDA

View Full Version : Stat Check would be appreciated from a Pooh-Bah or two

Jurollo
01-05-2005, 09:03 PM
Just curious at some numbers, only about 8K hands so BB/100 doesn't need to be commented on, just looking for a few thoughts on aggression, VP$IP, etc.. Thanks in advance folks, hopefully the sample size fairy doesn't visit me /images/graemlins/grin.gif. P.S. this is 2/4 Limit @ party.

VP$IP: 16.26
VP$ From SB: 34.48
Att to Steal Blinds: 14.21
Won $ WSF%: 30.62
BB/100: 2.32 (Not looking for comments here, way way too early)
Went to SD: 30.86 (would like some feedback here)
Won$ at SD: 55.56
PFR: 8.11
Agg on Flop: 2.01
Agg on Turn: 2.55
Agg on River: 2.26
Total Agg: 2.24

Where I folded
Preflop: 76.21
Flop: 8.36
Turn: 3.10
River: 1.29
No Fold: 11.03

Overall just looking for some comments to my specific stats, anything terribly alarming, I have been classified as TA-A by bison's rules, what do people find most profitable? Personally, I like playing TA-A but I could be missing out. General comments?

sthief09
01-05-2005, 09:33 PM
your ASB is low, but you didn't say how many hands that is so it could just be a small sample. everything else looks ok. you could throw in a few more raises probably, but I wouldn't say that's much of a concern.

Entity
01-05-2005, 09:35 PM
Yeah, ASB is the only thing that is low that I see. Maybe toss in a few fun situational raises (3 limpers to you OTB with JTs -- do you raise?), but otherwise looks fine.

Rob

bisonbison
01-05-2005, 09:43 PM
looks fine. you'll raise more and steal more as you get better.

Jurollo
01-06-2005, 02:33 AM
Thank you all for the thoughts, i whole heartedly appreciate it.
~Justin

Evan
01-06-2005, 02:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
3 limpers to you OTB with JTs -- do you raise?

[/ QUOTE ]
This is like the easiest raise ever.

Entity
01-06-2005, 02:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3 limpers to you OTB with JTs -- do you raise?

[/ QUOTE ]
This is like the easiest raise ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, that was so my point. He's got a PFR of 8.1%, which ain't shabby, but could probably be kicked up a notch or two for some slightly increased EV. So I asked him if he'd raise in that situation, which he should.

Rob

Jurollo
01-06-2005, 02:50 AM
I likely wouldn't raise, I play weak tight preflop, which I need to work on, which is precisely why I posted this. I need to reread the preflop section of SSHE to brush up on this stuff, I took a hiatus for SNGs for a little while. Thanks again guys.
~Justin

thirddan
01-06-2005, 03:25 AM
I have a question because eveyone is saying that 8 is a little low for PFR...sorry if i hijack...

His PFR is half his VPIP...is this pretty statndard? should your VPIP and PFR have any kind of formula? I normally play 3/6 during the evening and late at night, my VPIP is only 12.5, but my PFR is 7.8 (a little more than half)...is this something to be worried about? i know that my VPIP is kinda low but from what i have experience and because i play during off hours the games are more aggressive preflop so i have to play tighter...Any comments?

Jurollo
01-06-2005, 04:16 AM
Hijack away, I am interested what people have to say as well. 12.5 seems REALLY low to me even in aggressive games, unless they are ultra ultra aggressive (no preflop action under 3-betting). As far as my understanding of PFR % it shouldn't be tied in any way to VP$IP in any way as the hands you raise with don't change no matter how tight you are, still should be the same situations, therefore PFR may stay static. Of course one could argue that VP$IP is essentially a term to describe tightness and the tighter the player the lower his raise % may be, refer to JTs raise with limpers, super tight players may not raise that.

While I don't think it can be directly related my guess would be the lower a player's VP$IP the higher percentage their PFR% would be because you are only play powerful hands. Make sense? Or was that utter babble? Who knows, it's 3am.
~Justin

thirddan
01-06-2005, 04:20 AM
what you are saying makes sense...i am wondering if a lot of the difference in more aggressive games come with how low your stealing requirements are...i think that i fold many hands in LMP where others would try to steal and that rather get into an uncomfortable stealing situation i just fold the marginal stealing hands, perhaps i need to venture into the 6max world for a bit...

thirddan
01-06-2005, 03:48 PM
a

krishanleong
01-06-2005, 03:59 PM
I play a tone of 2/4.

My VP$IP is ~20. PRF ~10.5. Do you play all suited connectors and pairs UTG? I'm pretty sure adding in some hands would be +EV for you. Plus you can learn more by getting in some tougher situations.

You can't learn to steal blinds at 2/4. I don't think that stat should ever be ~26% the way it should be in reasonable games.

Krishan

thirddan
01-06-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you play all suited connectors and pairs UTG?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just can't see how these can be played profitably in EP in a game with a relatively tight/aggressive preflop round...limping with these hands will almost certainly have you isolated and probably playing HU or 3way out of position against a PFR...

krishanleong
01-06-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just can't see how these can be played profitably in EP in a game with a relatively tight/aggressive preflop round

[/ QUOTE ]

We are talking about PP 2/4 right? I don't have a database in front of me but I know they play 35%VP$IP. The majority of my UTG limps do not end up 3 handed or less. I'll double check my stats for Ax where x <=7 UTG and UTG+1. I'll also post pp <= 7 from the same spots. Hopefully I have enough hands for it to be insightful.

I think PP 2/4 is a perfect setup for the loose guidlines in SSHE.

Since I have started using PlayerView I have considered taking into account the table PFR when I limp. But I haven't yet.

Krishan

bisonbison
01-06-2005, 04:21 PM
Unless you mistyped, thirddan is right. You can't play most suited connectors UTG properly.

krishanleong
01-06-2005, 04:28 PM
This could be embarrassing if I have a bunch of bad data waiting for me at home. On the other hand, maybe I have another leak to plug! I rarely play suited connectors from EP. I realize suited connectors, AXs, and small pocket pairs all fall into the same category though. Speculative hands. Wierd.

Krishan

thirddan
01-06-2005, 04:31 PM
my statement was not necessarily limit specific, but for any game with a somewhat tight/aggressive preflop round...its not too common during peak hours but when you start to play past midnight or in the mornings this becomes more common, also it is more common at 3/6 than it was at 2/4...

bisonbison
01-06-2005, 04:31 PM
I realize suited connectors, AXs, and small pocket pairs all fall into the same category though. Speculative hands. Wierd.

They don't all fall in the same category.

thirddan
01-06-2005, 04:33 PM
true...pair play much differently than both Axs and suited connectors...hoping to flop a set is much different than hoping to flop a draw...also, connectors play differently than Axs suited because the A will often represent domination problems, but the ability to make top pair is very important...

Jurollo
01-06-2005, 05:42 PM
Suited connectors UTG is a big no no in my book, and the lower the level and more aggressive the game the more you will get killed on them. I will sometimes play even 65s on the button or 1 off the button with 3 or 4 limpers ahead that way even if it is raised I am still getting decent odds. Also pocket pairs UTG can be a huge leak as well as I muck 22-66, sometimes 77 UTG without even blinking, usually open up to all PP's in MP. This seems premium to me and IMHO playing more, especially in EP will drag your BB/100 down noticeably.
~Justin

krishanleong
01-06-2005, 05:44 PM
I only have 3 categories, Big pairs, speculative hands, and others. AXs, small pocket pairs, and suited connectors are all speculative to me. But this is semantic at best.

Krishan

krishanleong
01-06-2005, 05:59 PM
Oh yeah, I remember why I think AXs and small PP are profitable UTG. It was Astroglides stats for 3/6. He played ~22% and was very successful. I do wonder if the 3/6 game has changed since he played it. But I do think the 2/4 game is very different and might be appropriate for this VP$IP.

Krishan

thirddan
01-06-2005, 06:34 PM
i don't know that it makes much difference because i haven't been playing 3/6 for long enough to know how the games where back when astro played them...but it has been a while since astro played 3/6 so maybe the compeition is different, there have been many posts about how TA multitabling is hurting the 3/6 games, and also, i think that astro plays better than most of us /images/graemlins/smile.gif

krishanleong
01-06-2005, 07:49 PM
Alright, here are my stats

PP 22-66 from UTG and UTG+1 (Filtered 7-8 off button in PT not including blinds)

I've had 178
Win% 16%
BB/Hand (0.04)
VP$IP 94%

Not so good.

AXs where x <= 6
BB/Hand (0.24)
VP$IP 94%

I'm such a fish. Thanks for the advice guys.

Krishan