PDA

View Full Version : JJ - very confused

housenuts
01-05-2005, 08:34 PM
PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, MP3 calls.

<font color="green"> hmmm. what do they have? UTG is a big time fish. don't know about MP3. </font>

Flop: (10.40 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP3 calls.

<font color="green"> whoa. didn't expect UTG to cold-call but he is a big fish so who knows. what does he have? </font>

Turn: (8.20 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, MP3 calls.

<font color="green">same thing again. what is going on here? </font>

River: (14.20 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

<font color="green"> do you bet this river? do you do anything else different in the hand? </font>

Final Pot: 14.20 BB

Harv72b
01-05-2005, 08:42 PM
My first impression is that UTG either has the flush draw or is hanging in too long on a 2-outer.

I like the way you played it, including checking through on the river Q. I'd rather miss a BB from MP3 when I'm still ahead than play into a c/r when I'm not.

nolanfan34
01-05-2005, 08:54 PM
Looks fine, and I probably don't bet the river either. UTG certainly looks like he's on a draw, but I'd worry a little that he might C/R with a random Q if he was sticking around with KQs or something like that.

At the same time, you might be able to value bet MP3 if he's holding 99 or TT.

As a default, I usually check the river through here, and that may be a leak.

Grease
01-05-2005, 09:39 PM
I would bet the river, and expect MP3 to have TT or 99. His stop and go is curious, but I would still bet it anyways.