Turn: [ 9c ]
Villain checks.
Hero checks.
River: [ 4d ]
Villain checks.
Hero checks.
Results will be posted later.
Thoughts?
Also: is there a site I could use to make posting these hands easier?

TrailofTears
01-05-2005, 07:11 PM
No offense, but what is interesting about this hand? A min-raise PF, one raise on the flop, and nothing else. How come you liked your hand enough to raise on the flop but then stopped betting? He didn't make any plays which makes me doubt his draw (you put him on a made draw - 78?) came through, even to the river. Why not bet again for value on the river? If he makes a move on the river bet, then you can lay it down, but you gave up too early here, IMO. Bet the turn, and bet the river. If you get resistance, let it go, but it is very possible he is sitting on a lot of worse hands here that will pay you off. Unless the interesting thing is him not making any sort of move with a monster, I am missing something here.

- ToT

TrailofTears
01-05-2005, 07:14 PM
Also, use the hand converter. I don't have a link available right now, as I am on a work computer without my favorites list, but a simple search or reading the posting hints should get you one. Of a better equipped 2+2er will help me out here with the link...

Wayfare
01-05-2005, 07:16 PM
Fold preflop, and he probably has JJ if you lose.

tbach24
01-05-2005, 07:24 PM
My call pre-flop was because of the type of game PP NL25 is. Also, I hadn't played many hands at this specific table but this raiser had been doubling pre-flop a lot (the hand he got stacked with was on a double but that was with Aces). Anyways he had T8o which couldn't beat my ATo. TY for the information ToT. I was too timid on the turn and river, but i felt a SC was a definite possibility and lots of SC's has me beat at that point.

Wayfare
01-05-2005, 07:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My call pre-flop was because of the type of game PP NL25 is.

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes it so good is that people call raises with ATo.

Jay36489
01-05-2005, 08:42 PM
converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BradleyT
01-05-2005, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My call pre-flop was because of the type of game PP NL25 is. Also, I hadn't played many hands at this specific table but this raiser had been doubling pre-flop a lot (the hand he got stacked with was on a double but that was with Aces). Anyways he had T8o which couldn't beat my ATo. TY for the information ToT. I was too timid on the turn and river, but i felt a SC was a definite possibility and lots of SC's has me beat at that point.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think he'll raise with garbage and you think you have the best hand you want to re-raise to isolate him - not call. Re-raising will most likely get you heads up and gives you position on the villian.

All your call did was induce a few more people to come along for a ride and now your ATo is ugly against a large field and you don't even get to act last.

tbach24
01-05-2005, 09:41 PM
TY for the converter Jay

TrailofTears
01-06-2005, 12:54 AM
Thanks for putting that up Jay.