IvyGrizzly
01-05-2005, 06:06 PM
Pacific 5+.50 10 man SnG
Blinds 50/100 - 5 handed

Relevant stacks:
My stack (UTG): 951
Villain1 (UTG+1): ~2500
Villain2 (SB): ~3000
Other two guys are about even with me. Both UTG+1 and SB are aggressive and have tried to buy several pots, succeeding most of the time.

I'm dealt AA. I raise to 200 (possibly too small, but I was looking for action from the big stacks and hoping to double up), UTG+1 calls, MP folds, SB calls, BB folds.

(7bb) Flop: 9h Qd 10d

This is a scary flop (note: I had no diamond), but my hand was in all likelihood good. I bet 300, UTG+1 folds, SB calls.

(13BB) Turn: 7d

This is a scare card, and I expect the SB to try to buy the pot here with any draw. He puts me all-in for 451, as I expected, and I call. I'm not sure if I should have folded here. Given his history I put the chance of a pure bluff at around 20%, semibluff 20%, and a Q the rest of the time. For the rest of my stack, getting almost 4 to 1, and where folding would cripple me, it seemed like a good call.

sofere
01-05-2005, 06:17 PM
With AA, I think the preflop raise is ok 5-handed if you think the big stacks will reraise. Otherwise I prefer standard 3xbb raise and then push any flop.

This is an easy push on the flop. Your bet is giving him odds to call if he's on a flush or straight draw and it pretty much pot commits you, so if he hits you have to call anyway. Try and take down the pot right there, but if he calls you have most likely got the best of it.

Awesemo
01-05-2005, 06:47 PM
I would raise to 300 preflop. I understand that you want to get action from the big stacks, but I think most players at pacific 5+.50's are pretty loose anyway. Push on the flop regardless of what comes up.

Big Limpin'
01-05-2005, 07:01 PM
Dont beat yourself up, play looked fine to me. It sucks to only win the blinds with AA when you need to win some chips, so 200 seems like what i would do also.

But I would just have the mindset here (BB 100, hero stack 900) that, once i have raised going into the flop (200-300), i wont be folding the hand.

It is too easy to outguess yourself. Beacuse the board allows draws, you have to charge them full price to see their turn/river. Push on the flop.

IvyGrizzly
01-05-2005, 08:27 PM
Yeah, I probably should have pushed on the flop. The player turned over 88d and hit a flush on the river.