PDA

View Full Version : courtesan

bosoxfan
01-05-2005, 05:26 PM
My 10 year old step son came home with this word on his spelling list. He has to write the definition and a sentance for it. My wife called my all pissed off but I didn't know what it meant. For others that don't:

Main Entry: cour·te·san
Pronunciation: 'kOr-t&-z&n, 'kor-, -"zan also 'k&r-, -"zän; esp British "kor-t&-'zan
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle French courtisane, from northern Italian dialect form of Italian cortigiana woman courtier, feminine of cortigiano courtier, from corte court, from Latin cohort-, cohors
: a prostitute with a courtly , wealthy, or upper-class clientele

God love the Worcester Public Schools.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-05-2005, 05:27 PM
How... enlightened your P.R. of Massachusetts schools are.

Peca277
01-05-2005, 05:28 PM
You must never have seen Moulin Rouge.

bosoxfan
01-05-2005, 05:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm kind of proud of that. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jakethebake
01-05-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No but they probably showed it to the kids in school. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Peca277
01-05-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How did I not see that one coming! I'll stick to my guns and say I thought it was an excellent movie. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

fnord_too
01-05-2005, 05:32 PM
One time when I was about six I asked my mother what a prostitute was. She starts trying to delcately explain it until I cut her off and said "Oh, like a hooker."

ThaSaltCracka
01-05-2005, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How did I not see that one coming! I'll stick to my guns and say I thought it was an excellent movie. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
And your proud to be almost Canadian. I am seriously starting to wonder about you.

Peca277
01-05-2005, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
And your proud to be almost Canadian. I am seriously starting to wonder about you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you hate the movie... but you have to admit the cinematography was great.

ThaSaltCracka
01-05-2005, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but you have to admit....

[/ QUOTE ] that I have never seen it.

jakethebake
01-05-2005, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe you hate the movie... but you have to admit the cinematography was great.

[/ QUOTE ]
My wife has attempted to force me to watch this pos 3 times now. Each time I get through about 15 mins before I'm asleep. I'm now convinced your avatar is a cover. You're clearly gay.

Patrick del Poker Grande
01-05-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One time when I was about six I asked my mother what a prostitute was. She starts trying to delcately explain it until I cut her off and said "Oh, like a hooker."

[/ QUOTE ]
I can top this one. I was watching some western movie with my dad one night when someone called someone a whore. I of course asked my dad what a whore was and his answer was "a woman who's not very lady-like". Well, when you're a kid, not being a lady means you must be a guy. Next day, I'm on a van on a field trip with the SALVATION ARMY when one of the other kids makes a comment about how good my sister is in sports (she made her tee-ball league's all-star team). Being the smart little boy that I was, I decided to show off my new vocabulary by shouting out "yeah, she's quite a whore!" from about 3 rows back, thinking that I was saying something to the effect of her being a tomboy. I was quite proud of myself until every head in the van turned in shock, the driver pulled it over to the side and told me something about never hearing that again. It was about another hour before we got to our destination and I don't think you've ever heard a bunch of kids be that quiet in a van for that long.

The Twins game was a good time, though.

Peca277
01-05-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm now convinced your avatar is a cover. You're clearly gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, you got me! But I'm not the one who posted in one thread about getting Sklansky, Malmuth etc. naked on their backs... and a rotating penis avatar in another. Perhaps my girls with small boobies are covering that I'm slightly gay... but your girl with massive boobies is covering that you're a raging flaming homosexual.

p.s. This post in no way is meant to be taken that I am really gay... or that Jake is gay either for that matter (until we meet of course)

TimM
01-05-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
p.s. This post in no way is meant to be taken that I am really gay... or that Jake is gay either for that matter (until we meet of course)

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys are planning to meet?

Peca277
01-05-2005, 06:18 PM
You wanna come too?

TimM
01-05-2005, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You wanna come too?

[/ QUOTE ]

No thanks. It's not my thing, but I'm happy for you guys.

stabn
01-05-2005, 07:12 PM
It was an excellent movie.

Btw, about his school district, i hear they get to use "doggy style" in a sentence next year...