PDA

View Full Version : AQo against two LA-Ps

wuarhg
01-05-2005, 05:14 PM
Do you play it the same way? I didn't like this hand at all but I didn't want to raise the turn nor could I fold it. The guy betting is 33/6. Btw, I thought about the overcall on the river but MP1 was a really horrible calling all kinds of stuff to showdown.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $5. UTG posts a blind of $5.
UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, CO (poster) folds, Button calls, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG (poster) 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13.40 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, Button folds.

Turn: (8.20 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (11.20 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.20 BB

Fat Nicky
01-05-2005, 05:20 PM
Raising the turn is very enticing. Yea, I think I raise the turn and re-evaluate if I am 3-bet. Over how many hands is this player rated as passive postflop.

Redeye
01-05-2005, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you play it the same way? I didn't like this hand at all but I didn't want to raise the turn nor could I fold it. The guy betting is 33/6. Btw, I thought about the overcall on the river but MP1 was a really horrible calling all kinds of stuff to showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see a reason not to raise the turn. I don't put too much stock into a guy who posted UTG then 3-bet you, he's probably just pissed his posted blind got raised. If there is a spade draw in there you'd like to hit them for two on the turn.

wuarhg
01-05-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raising the turn is very enticing. Yea, I think I raise the turn and re-evaluate if I am 3-bet. Over how many hands is this player rated as passive postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

About 300-400 hands. I was thinking about the turn raise but he seemed to raise pretty ok hands. So I figured he'd 3-bet me here with TT-AA, AK. Of those hands i'm ahead of JJ and AK here and if I 3-bet he might fold so do I really want that? And ofcourse the other Loosie might also fold if he noticed a raise.

chief444
01-05-2005, 05:47 PM
I like a turn raise.

Were you seriously considering folding the river?

wuarhg
01-05-2005, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like a turn raise.

Were you seriously considering folding the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about it for 2 seconds and came to the conclusion that it would've been wrong. Why is raising the turn better instead of calling? Am I missing something simple?