PDA

View Full Version : oregon st vs az...

10-15-2001, 06:36 PM
speaking of bad teams being annhilated...this is a candidate....gl

10-15-2001, 09:13 PM
I am embarassed to think I had the presence to bet Wash St against the Mildcats and yet I somehow supported Arizona against Oregon. That game against Oregon told me a lot, especially that the Ducks can't be considered overrated and this thing they call defense in Tucson is not a desert swarm but more like a desert breeze that anyone can just run through. I have followed Arizona a long long time, I have more friends that are alums of U of A than any other school. They are a complete mess this year, for all they said about Tomey he NEVER would have let this happen. Mackovic was not the answer and I don't think he will stick around that long. He claims its that he is working with someone else's players, but I think its that they just don't plain like the guy and if you are an ass to your players they don't respond at the college level. They have a lot of talent here, a lot of speed and yet they are disorganized and beat on half the plays it seems. A drill sargeant routine works in the pros because they can handle a task master, after all they get paid well to do it and have a ton of talent. In college you have to develop the talent and get the best out of these guys. Granted in 5 years it could be better because all the players are your own that don't mind your personality, but what the hell are you thinking when you bring a guy like this into a decent and fairly successful program. After all anyone that has been to Tucson knows you aren't exactly in good position to recruit when you compete against places like UCLA, Washington, or even ASU. Bottom line is this team is a mess and it might get worse. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of their talent transfers away and this team is in shambles for a few years. After next year if it continues as I suspect they will show him the door.

10-15-2001, 09:20 PM
yanks vs a's...what can you say 2nd inning 2-2...can the rocket go into the zone...???...A's swinging bat well...great g...gl