PDA

View Full Version : DVD Collection holiday update

Paluka
01-05-2005, 04:28 PM
So I got some DVDs for Christmas. I've included any movies that my wife got but I also enjoy.

Elf
American Splendor
Jaws
Raising Arizona
Return of the King (Extended Edition)
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

[censored]
01-05-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So I got some DVDs for Christmas. I've included any movies that my wife got but I also enjoy.

Elf
American Splendor
Jaws
Raising Arizona
Return of the King (Extended Edition)
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok obviously I have fallen behind in doing my building a dvd collection update. I 'll do one with full reviews this weekend.

Elf? I mean it was ok but in a collection?

thirddan
01-05-2005, 04:31 PM
elf? really? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Paluka
01-05-2005, 04:33 PM
Geez. My wife wanted Elf and I think my parents bought it for her, and I thought it was good enough where I'd happily claim it was in my collection.

namknils
01-05-2005, 04:34 PM
Elf should be for the kids. But I just wanted to say because I haven't paid attention if anyone has said anything about it:

Anchorman

I caught some of this movie on New Years Eve and it was insanely horrible. I mean pathetic. I couldn't stand watching a minute of it. I thought it was vomit.

Did people actually like this movie? Or does everyone agree Anchorman sucked?

[censored]
01-05-2005, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Geez. My wife wanted Elf and I think my parents bought it for her, and I thought it was good enough where I'd happily claim it was in my collection.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rethink that #1. #2 you need to separate your hopefully kick-ass dvds from the lame ass crap your wife most likely brings home, ASAP.

Paluka
01-05-2005, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Elf should be for the kids. But I just wanted to say because I haven't paid attention if anyone has said anything about it:

Anchorman

I caught some of this movie on New Years Eve and it was insanely horrible. I mean pathetic. I couldn't stand watching a minute of it. I thought it was vomit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think everyone thinks it sucked.

[censored]
01-05-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Anchorman

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't suck as a first time viewing only because the anchorman street fights were funny. However it is vastly overrated as is Will Farrel's movie career so far.

felson
01-05-2005, 04:36 PM
I liked Anchorman.

EDIT: The scene with Jack Black and the dog on the bridge was the biggest laugh by far.

Gainsay
01-05-2005, 05:15 PM
Unless your collection already has this, you should really get it :

A Joyful Noise (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00000G3FB/ref=pd_bxgy_text_1/104-6703191-6985561?v=glance&s=dvd&st=*)

sfer
01-05-2005, 05:17 PM
American Splendor and Eternal Sunshine are arriving today for me.