PDA

View Full Version : Why Do People Lie???

wegs the wegs
01-05-2005, 03:52 PM
Hand on Party's 25NL

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (Balipshous1) ($26.4)
MP ($40.95)
CO ($9.15)
Button ($16)
SB ($18.25)
BB ($34.85)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.25. MP posts a blind of $0.5.
CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $1</font>, Hero (poster) calls $0.75, MP (poster) folds, SB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($3.50) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">SB bets $2</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, Hero calls $13.25.

Turn: ($22.75) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: ($22.75) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $22.75

The guy start firing away curses at Party, "F--- this BS. F you Balip MF. I had Pocket 9's, leave it to Party to F me over."

Go back, check the hand history and it shows that he mucked J9o. I start cracking up. He had bolted from the table already before I could rip into him. Why do this? Why not just leave before he looks even more foolish?

swolfe
01-05-2005, 04:16 PM
i find it humorous that probably 80% of those players don't realize you can check the history after a showdown /images/graemlins/smile.gif

CORed
01-05-2005, 04:32 PM
He probably doesn't even know that you can check the history. If he hadn't left, it would probably be better not to rip into him (even though it would be fun). Why let him know about hand histories?

nickey009
01-05-2005, 05:17 PM
I have to respond to this with my own funny story.

I was on PP playing and I had A3o. I limped in late position and the flop came AJ3. One better before me (joker) and I raise it. All fold and we are heads up. Turn was a blank. He bets and I set him all in. River brings a 3 and I fill up and win.

He types "RR." I've never seen this before so I write back, "What's RR?" He says it's "Rotten River." I'd never heard it but sounds about right. I check the hand history and he had AQ. I was ahead of him on the flop.

So, I ask him. "Why was it a rotten river? I had you beat on the flop. I had 2 pair." He said "Try my Ace Jack." I said "How about I try your Ace Queen. If anything it's RF. Rotten Flop." Then I copied and pasted the portion of the hand history where it says "Joker has AhQd -doesn't show." Then he said "Well then how come it said I didn't show?"

After a few hands later I was involved in a hand where I raised pre-flop. The flop missed me and some guy went all in and I put down "RF." He got a good laugh out of it so I told him about hand history.

Muisyle
01-05-2005, 05:20 PM
Yeah people lie all the time, it's hilarious.

Especially when I used to play on Full Tilt. They have a visual hand history that shows you a screenshot of the showdown and what people had. It's WAY more obvious than at party, but still people don't know it's there...