PDA

View Full Version : Commerce NL 100..am I missing something?!?

Geoff48
01-05-2005, 02:44 PM
I started playing this NL game after about 8 months of 1-2 and 2-4. In the last 3 sessions I have played I have managed to double and triple up in the 1st 2 hours at the table simply by playing premium hands and betting them agressively. It seems to me that this game is incredibly fishy, with 2 decent players at most at each table. $15 raises pre-flop are routinely called by 7 players, is this normal, is this game really this fishy?? Last night I watched a guy call $75 pre flop with pocket 2, then call $50 bets all the way to the turn, when the board came all over cards...wtf, am I missing something?

SossMan
01-05-2005, 02:59 PM
welcome to commerce.

Geoff48
01-05-2005, 03:22 PM
LOL, I knew the games at the smallest stakes were like this, I thought at NL it might get a little tighter, guess not. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining....just hard for me to believe. Is the $200NL the same way?

DBowling
01-05-2005, 04:10 PM
200nl is also very fishy, maybe even fishier, if youre at the right table.
Over new years, i was watching a hand at the table behind me. Deep stacked 100nl, four players all in preflop.
One person held 43s, on person held KJs, another person a small pocket pair (2s-5s, i forget) and one player held AA. The AA player was short stack at the table, so he quadrupled up, and the guy with the small pocket pair dragged a decent side pot. Now that is just disguisting...

Geoff48
01-05-2005, 04:38 PM
Same thing happened to me last night with AA...and yes, its just rediculous. I may try the $200 game when my bankroll permits it.

SossMan
01-05-2005, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
LOL, I knew the games at the smallest stakes were like this, I thought at NL it might get a little tighter, guess not. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining....just hard for me to believe. Is the $200NL the same way?

[/ QUOTE ]

let me put it this way...I saw the fourth (yes 4th) raise go in preflop w/ ATo when there was zero chance of taking down the pot.
It was like UTG raise to 15, next guy raises to 40, next guy raises to 80, Mr. ATo pushes for like 110 (or whatever).
Not usually that good, but that's pretty indicitive of the calibur of players.

beta1607
01-05-2005, 05:04 PM
I played the 100 NL game there two weeks ago and finshed up over $400 after 4 hours. Most of the players were really friendly and there were a lot people who play gus hansen type hands with out gus hansen talent, they like to pay off big hands. I loved it.