PDA

View Full Version : Why you should never stop betting with the nuts. (Low content)

Grease
01-05-2005, 02:09 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (2.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 18.50 BB

Hero has Kd 9h (straight, ace high).
MP1 has Tc Qc (two pair, queens and tens).
Outcome: Hero wins 18.50 BB.

BWebb
01-05-2005, 02:17 PM
It's funny how many people will though. I was playing 6/12 B&amp;M the other day. The board was something like 9-9-3-3 on the turn. One guy bet and was raised by the guy behind him. The other guy just called, flipped up his Q9 and started to pull his bet back (believing it was a chop). The dealer put out the river, and the turn raiser folded.

mistrpug
01-05-2005, 02:27 PM
Just a few days ago, I had AK and turned my gutshot for the nut straight. Me and another player kept raising and the other player was trapped between us and kept calling.

On the river I still had the nuts. There was another bet from the other aggressor, Trapped guys calls, I raise, aggressor 3-bets, Trapped finally folds. I figure there's a split and since Trapped isn't giving any more money I might as well just call. Cost myself a bet when aggressor shows two pair. /images/graemlins/mad.gif Last time that will ever happen.