PDA

View Full Version : Overaggressive KK hand.

Grease
01-05-2005, 02:04 PM
Sometimes I really get going on my overpairs. Did I overplay this one? All streets are questionable (minus PF) Both opponents are somewhat LP, but not total calling stations. VPIP around 30, PRF around 5 Ag. just above 1 (PF not included). Thanks guys.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (11.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

River: (14.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 17.25 BB

IndieMatty
01-05-2005, 02:10 PM
Perfectly played. You slowed down when you were supposed to. He may have Aces, but I doubt it.

wowacedude
01-05-2005, 02:32 PM
I agree with Indie

Megenoita
01-05-2005, 02:43 PM
What do you guys think of raising the turn? For me, I'd either cap the flop or raise the turn, but after thinking about it, I'd raise the turn because capping the flop wouldn't fold a better MP3 hand (AA), and MP1 may bet out the turn regardless of a flop cap. My reasoning for raising the turn is that MP1 could have AQ...he open-raises and like many loose PF players, calls 2 cold back to him. He bets out the flop, and with TPTK, this 3-bet of his makes sense even for a passive post flop player...a turn raise just might fold an MP3 AA since your play is indicative of QQ--probably wont fold him, but it just might a small % of the time. Also, I would check through on the river assuming either/both call(s). So it's the same number of bets as what you did. With a hand that MP1 would bet out the river after a turn raise, he'd 3-bet the turn, and you can fold safely. If MP3 cold-calls 2 and bets the river after check-check, you probably have to call, so I guess you might have to pay one more bet some of the time. What do you think?

M