PDA

View Full Version : SS'ers View of KOTZ

colgin
01-05-2005, 12:42 PM
Tomorrow night is the first event of The King of the Zoo. Over the past two years I have probably entered around 4 of them. I would have done more but always seemed to have some scheduling conflict. I have noticed when I have played (or stopped by to lurk) that there did not seem to be many SS'ers playing. Part of this may have been a lack of recognition on my part, but this conclusion is based on the fact that of the players that were playing many of the names I recognized from the Zoo or Tourney forums here.

Anyway, I thought I would ask SS'ers their view of KOTZ.

nolanfan34
01-05-2005, 12:56 PM
I played in a few events this last year. Frankly, I think the entry fee is too high, and that detracts from the number of participants. KOTZ is about pride, not money. If it was like $10 for the tournament entry, I think they'd get more people, and it would still be competitive.

I would guess though that most SSers don't consider themselves tournament players, and are generally too concerned with stats and win-rates, and hence are the types that would have a hard time blowing $30 on a tournament when it could be another ring game where they could grind out their 2BB/100 instead.

I have to say though, the Omaha and Stud events are pretty fun.

MAxx
01-05-2005, 01:01 PM
I'm in the ignorant camp. I would probably do it if I was available and knew what it was. Maybe I will look around, or do you have a link?

colgin
01-05-2005, 01:15 PM
For those who don't know The King of the Zoo (KOTZ) is a series of online tourneys over the course of the year for 2+2ers organized by (I believe) eMarkM and some other Internet forum (Zoo)posters. The events are varied, there is a point system based on results, and a winner, The King of the Zoo, gets some kind of trophy.