PDA

View Full Version : All in here?

Womble
01-05-2005, 12:07 PM
Blinds are 80/160

5 players left, I have about 2300, Button has around 1400

I am UTG with A /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif
I raise to 960 (wanted a big raise but have enough chips to get out), UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 goes allin, Blinds fold, I call

Should I have gone all in in the first place? Thought I might as well call since I have a good hand.

Board of J /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifT /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Results <font color="white"> UTG+2 has KdTc </font>

Al Mirpuri
01-07-2005, 07:15 AM
You bet what you bet but go allin if raised. You do not even think about folding. You might get someone to overplay AJ or medium pairs if you play it this way.

ReDeYES88
01-07-2005, 09:33 AM
IMO you bet twice as much PF as you needed to at this point in the game if you really wanted the ability to "get out." I don't see why anything more than a standard 3-4x PF raise is necessary.

Should you have gone all in in the the first place? I don't see why. You have plenty of chips.

As for your call of his push, because of the size of your initial raise and his reraise push, the pot is t2600, and you only have to call t440 more. Those are huge pot odds with AQs. The call is a no brainer based on the current situation.

jcm4ccc
01-07-2005, 10:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I raise to 960 (wanted a big raise but have enough chips to get out)

[/ QUOTE ]

What's interesting is that you had a plan, but then you abandoned it. You didn't "get out" of the hand.

Had you only raised 3XBB, you could have more easily gotten out of the hand. However, you would have lost about 20% of your stack, which is a significant portion.

It's very awkward when:
• you have a good hand
• the blinds are not really large enough to commit your whole stack, but
• a standard 3XBB raise is a significant portion of your stack.

If you raise it 3XBB, get called, and then miss the flop, you have a very difficult decision to make.

I think I would go all-in here and welcome a call. The only hands you are worried about are AA,KK,QQ, and AK. It’s rare that you will run into these hands with four opponents, especially since you’ve taken away one of the Aces and one of the Queens. There are 24 out of a possible 1326 hands that you are worried about (3 AA, 6 KK, 3 QQ, 12 AK). The chances that one of the four remaining opponents has one of these hands is:

1 – (1302/1326 * 1302/1326 * 1302/1326 * 1302/1326) = 1 - .93 = 7%.

You didn’t say what level you play at, but at the level I play ($6 Star Turbos), you will often get called by a hand you dominate (usually an Ace with a lower kicker).

Womble
01-07-2005, 01:30 PM
My raise may have been a bit big, I wanted to get out if the other big stack went all in but have a big bet to get alot to fold. Since the button only had 1400 the call was easy.