PDA

View Full Version : AA - trips on board

Fat Nicky
01-05-2005, 11:22 AM
Not a solid read on UTG+1, but he has been showing down strong hands thus far, beating me out of 3 pots in about 50 hands.

Gaming Club 2/4 (9 handed)
Pre-flop: UTG folds, UTG+1 & MP1 calls, Hero raises in MP2 w/A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2 folds, Button 3-bets, both blinds fold, UTG+1 & MP1 calls, Hero caps, everyone calls.

4 to the flop for 17.5 SBs

Flop: 10/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG+1 & MP1 checks, Hero bets, Button calls, UTG+1 raises, MP1 folds, Hero calls, button folds.

2 to the turn for 11 BBs.

<font color="blue"> I smell a 10 here from UTG+1. If he had a J, my assumption is that he would wait for the turn to raise. I call with the intention of raising the turn. After reviewing this hand, I don't feel comfortable with my thinking? Thoughts?</font>

Turn: J/images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, UTG+1 raises, betting ends up getting capped.

2 to the river for 19 BBs.

<font color="blue"> After the 3rd J hits, my read for UTG having a 10 is even stronger. His cap finally worries me that he could actually have the quads. </font>

River: 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG+1 bets, Hero calls.

<font color="blue"> Anyone put in another raise? </font>

Final Pot: 21 BB.

mistrpug
01-05-2005, 12:14 PM
Smells like a ten to me. You've got the second nuts here. Easy river raise. The real question is whether or not to cap or call if he 3-bets your river raise. At that point I finally slow down and just call.

krishanleong
01-05-2005, 12:27 PM
Your thinking on the flop is perfect. He is out of position so you don't risk a check through. Usually you'll get 1 sb from the Button on the flop also.

Krishan

Nick C
01-05-2005, 12:39 PM
After UTG+1 checkraised both the flop and the turn and then capped after the flop 3-bet, I think I'd just call the river too.

I don't think our opponents wait until the turn to raise with their big hands quite as routinely as we sometimes assume on these boards.

Festus22
01-05-2005, 12:55 PM
I do think there are times for second level thinking - what do you think he thinks you have. Your play is VERY consistent with a big pair given your preflop cap and turn 3-bet. If he is any semblance of a solid player, he has to realize this.

Therefore, I think your river call down is fine.