PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Inquiry

jah0550
01-05-2005, 11:17 AM
I run into this situation all the time on the bubble. Say that there are 5 players left and one gets knocked out. You have a medium stack ~1600-1800 and are on the button. There is one fairly large stack at ~3000 and the other are two are about ~1400-1500. Only one player has to post a blind(due to a player getting knocked out the last hand on the blinds.) Say that the blinds are either t200-300. If the other two players fold to you and one of the medium stacks is in the BB, what range of hands to you steal with? Is a hand like Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif or J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif10 /images/graemlins/club.gif good enough to push/raise(to steal?) Or is it an unnecessary risk(ie too negative EV?)
Any comments are appreciated
-Jah

jah0550
01-05-2005, 12:29 PM
Any comments at all? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

two_dogs
01-05-2005, 12:57 PM
I am certainly no expert on this subject but maybe I can get some other replies started as I think I'm a little too tight in these situations and would like to see what others say as well. Now for the standard answer "depends". If the BB is someone you know will defend with anything you need a hand but if you think there is a good chance he'll fold it those hands are probably ok. Myself I like to at least have an ace or a good king when the stack sizes are equal between three players. I have seen it posted here that it doesn't matter what kind of hand if someone has that opinion I would like to know why.

El Maximo
01-05-2005, 01:10 PM
These are the hands I would definitely steal with:

Pairs, Axs, A9+, KQs-KJs, KQ

These are the hands that I would think about stealing with:

Pairs, Any A, Any K, Qxs, suited connectors

Since you dont have to post the SB I would tend to be less aggressive in this situation. I would be more aggressive at T300 than T200 blinds. It would also depend on how loose the BB is and how loose the BB thinks I am.

jah0550
01-05-2005, 05:39 PM
*Message Deleted*

ilya
01-05-2005, 05:51 PM
Very big difference between 1600 chips/300BB & 1800 chips/200BB.
In the latter case, I would tend to raise (vs. push)...but if for some reason I felt I had to push, I would do it with AJ+, AA-TT. I would raise with a much larger range of hands.
In the former case, I would definitely be pushing. I would do it with a range something like this one: AA-22, AKs-A2s, AKo-A6o, KQs-K6s, KQo-K8o, QJs-Q8s, JTs-67s, J9s-86s.