PDA

View Full Version : Defence against blind stealing

zaphod
01-05-2005, 10:48 AM
This situation is common in the late stages of an SNG:

You are sitting in the big blind and button raises which might very well be a steal. You have a trash hand, and are obvisouly not going to call. But you pause for quite some time before you throws your hand away. This might give this message to the button:
I am getting fed up with your stealling, and was close to calling you now. Be careful next time you steal, i might be calling you. This way hopefully you might reduce the numbers off steal attempts from button.

Do you think this is a good strategy? Do you use it?

rachelwxm
01-05-2005, 12:23 PM
I use it often. Another trick I used before is I type "63o" in chat box even I fold T8. Also if someone takes a long time before folding, I would show good hand if I have it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

KenProspero
01-05-2005, 12:34 PM
Strategy costs you nothing and might work, so why not.

therock
01-05-2005, 02:14 PM
Last night I told a super agressive players that next time he tried to steal I will call with any two cards. The next time around he pushed from the SB with Q,2 off and I busted him. I just happened to luck into an A,Q hand. I guess my warning did very little...

Awesemo
01-05-2005, 02:20 PM
To me this projects the opposite signal. It shows that you're capable of making laydowns of good hands to my steals, so I will steal more frequently.