PDA

View Full Version : Going to see Bill Hicks tomorrow

bwana devil
01-05-2005, 10:28 AM
Well, ok I’m not actually going to see Bill Hicks. I’m going to see a tribute to Bill Hicks at the Drafthouse in Austin. Are others on the board fans of his? Do others know who he was?

They’re to play some live performances, public access appearances, and his infamous Letterman episode that never aired. Should be good times.

AngryCola
01-05-2005, 11:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Are others on the board fans of his? Do others know who he was?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a big fan. So, you can imagine my surprise when I read you were going to see him. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

cnfuzzd
01-05-2005, 11:24 AM
huge fan. I can usually always have an inappropriate hicks quote for the situation.

man, im still drunk. back to bed i go.

peace

john nickle

Alobar
01-05-2005, 11:39 AM
If I had 3 wishes from a magic geanie, one of them would be that bill hicks was still alive.

man, can you imagine the [censored] he would have to say about Bush jr. and all the terrorists?

The man was a genius

bwana devil
01-05-2005, 11:58 AM
I got his DVD that just came out last month and Bill was going off on Bush Sr. and the war. Watching the performace he made ranting about politics from ten years ago sounded as if it could have been made last week. He would be going ape sh*t if he were alive today.

btw I give the DVD a solidly mixed so-so review. I was disappointed w/ it but it was still great. It has three different sets on it. One is so-so. One is absolutely horrible that I couldn't even watch it. The last set on there was great. I wish they just put the last one on there and put a bunch of night club performances I have seen on access tv on there. Over all it was good but could have been much better.