PDA

View Full Version : Game Selection?

SuitedSixes
01-05-2005, 06:51 AM
At the $11s my game selection consists of, "Can I get the 5 or 6 seat?" Even with the hundreds of tournaments in my PT database, I have never seen any one player more than 4 times. At what level does table selection become possible? I imagine the "name" players like ZeeJustin and Gigabet see a lot of people getting up once they sit down. True?

citanul
01-05-2005, 12:02 PM
Table selection becomes possible at the $10 non holdem games.

In therms of holdem, I'd say that at the $50 level, you can start to have some good selection ideas, while at the $100s and $200s, it's pretty easy, since the player pools are pretty small.

At the $200 level, the pool is *quite* small, and it pretty much makes it a crime *not* to perform table selection. You hear me, I'm calling you foos out who I've seen 3 of you at the table at the same time. There ain't no reason for it.

Yesterday I sat down at a table, and someone "brown trouted" me, and then left. I was pretty impressed by that. Meh.

Alright, this is longer than it should have been if I'm really racing Aleo.

citanul

SuitedSixes
01-05-2005, 07:07 PM
Is it more a case of shark-avoidance than fish-seeking? I would think that one or two sharks at a table could pretty much ruin a good SNG, while in ring games one or two fish makes it good.

citanul
01-05-2005, 08:13 PM
It's more shark avoidance than fish finding. If there's a fish who is so bad that I believe there's an incredibly high likelihood I'm going to stack him in the opening rounds, I might sit at a table with 1 known good player. Eh, maybe I'd need two really really bad players per good player, and if there were 2 known good players at the table, I just won't play it at all.

I mean, it takes only a few seconds to do table selection, so it's really a crime not to do it at the higher buyin games.

If you're patient, there's really no reason to ever play in a sng with anyone you have even the slightest bit of respect for their game, in the higher buyin games.

citanul