PDA

View Full Version : Turn decision with 3 ladies

Elbie
01-05-2005, 06:31 AM
After only a couple of orbits at this table I have no exact reads. UTG seems to be a fish/calling station. UTG+1 has done nothing out of order so far.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $3.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO (poster) folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, Hero ?

Obv. I´m not folding. Call or raise?

Nick C
01-05-2005, 11:09 AM
Hmm. If that jack helped UTG+1, you've got to figure him for a boat or a straight (unless he has something like JT or even JhTh and is semi-bluffing with queens up and a draw). Or maybe he also flopped big and was waiting for the turn to spring to life. But hands that I'm ahead of like QT seem less likely than AT (as there's only one queen left). UTG+1 may in fact have just waited for the turn to raise with top pair (he may even have KJ and three pair), but I think I'd just call.

I do slow down too soon sometimes, though.

mtdoak
01-05-2005, 12:29 PM
I three bet and check and call if he caps. If he has the straight, you have 3 10s, 3 aces, 3 kings, 3 jacks, and one queen that will give you the best hand. If he has a boat, you have alot fewer outs, but still alot (unless its Kings-Full, then you are in trouble) to at least split the pot.

Elbie
01-05-2005, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the advices, one to slow down and call, one to raise.

I decided to slow down, call and wait for what the river could bring. If one of my outs against a possible straight had hit I would have gone to war. If not I planned to check/call.

The river was a blank and I check/called. Villain showed QT and I took down the pot with my better kicker.

Maybe I slowed down too soon. Even if was up against a straight on the turn I had many outs and could have played the hand more aggressively. I could obviously also be ahead already /images/graemlins/grin.gif

On the other hand............

This hand still bugs me.

housenuts
01-05-2005, 04:22 PM
i agree with mtdoak, 3-bet and if he caps call, and check-call the river unless you improve then obviously bet out unless you think you could pull a check-raise.

bcunha
01-05-2005, 04:37 PM
Respect your hand. You've got the trips with best possible kicker. Few hands are ahead of you on the turn and you outdraw most of them.

Would a CR on the flop be a better move? And if you 3-bet the turn, weaker hands would call/fold and stronger hands would raise at this point, giving you more information. And you're still drawing.