PDA

View Full Version : Movin' on Up - 10/20 player goes up to 15/30

CardSharpCook
01-05-2005, 06:16 AM
I had been a successful 10/20 player for <ahem> two months. Forgive me my lack of experience, please. Three weeks ago, I took my winnings and started playing 15/30 tables. Naturally, disaster ensued. I don't really get it. At first I thought it was just bad timing to run into a losing streak. Statistical analysis via PT showed that this might have been the case - money hands for me like AQs were LOSING me money on the higher level. But I've continued to bleed. 4k hands into the effort, I have lost all my 10/20 winnings and have returned to 10/20 tables.

What has happened? What do I not GET?

I have noticed these differences (thanks again to PT):
.....................10/20........15/30
Avg VPIP..........25%...........31%
PFR%................8%...........11%
% Winners.........42%...........45%
SF%.................27%...........33%
Players per hand..9.1...........7.7
My VPIP.........18.5%.........16.5%
My PFR%........13.7%.........11.1%

I'm playing tighter, my opponents are looser. More people are winning. More people are raising PF... and more are calling. These facts would lead me to believe that I should be MORE succesful on this level.

However, I'm still playing the same game - tight, aggressive. I take the lead in a hand, and I bet it out. Of course, there is some variance, depending on my opponnent, but no change, really, than my 10/20 play.

So, what I'm I missing here? What should I change? Should I be more passive Post flop? Any advice on the differences in the 15/30 game, and what game changes I should make would be appreciated. Really, any thoughts on 15/30, I'd love to hear them all.

Thanks,
CSC

stoxtrader
01-06-2005, 02:55 PM
one significant difference I see right away is that you are playing more sharthanded - this will skew all of your statistics, and could add variance depending on your game.

Why would you play tighter with 7.7 players than with 9.1 players? are your blinds stats really bad at the 15?

Haupt_234
01-06-2005, 03:01 PM
Yea, if I were up to the 15/30 level, I don't know if I would even want to play with less than 9 since i'de be playing rock tight.

If you like shorthanded, than that's your thing. But know what to do in those situations and loosen up, don't tighten up. If you want to continue playing the same tightness, try grabbing a full table.

Haupt_234

AviD
01-06-2005, 03:10 PM
stoxtrader are you stoxtrader2 as well (not here but "other" places)?