PDA

View Full Version : JTs 15/30

kurosh
01-05-2005, 03:28 AM
7 handed. I have JT/images/graemlins/club.gif One limper to me in LP. I raise. CO calls. BB calls. Limper calls.

Flop: T 9 2 with 2 clubs.

Checked to me. I bet. CO folds. BB raises. Limper folds. I call.

Turn: offsuit 6

BB checks. I bet. BB raises. I 3-bet. BB calls.

River: another blank

BB checks. I check.

Klepton
01-05-2005, 04:06 AM
re-raise the flop, just call the turn check-raise. you're gonna get the saem amount of bets in if you raise the river when the club comes (i'm pretty sure he would still bet.)

tl65\
01-05-2005, 05:32 AM
I'd 3-bet the flop, but I like it otherwise.

kurosh
01-05-2005, 06:21 AM
He had QJo and MHIG.

Chris Daddy Cool
01-05-2005, 08:24 AM
the smoothcall then raise the turn is an okay line, though you have such a monsterous flop with top pair and a flush draw you should really be jamming the hell out of it, so 3-bet that sucker.

kurosh
01-05-2005, 09:57 AM
Why the flop 3-bet? I thought with such a strong hand that I could extract some more bets from him on the turn.

If I 3-bet on the flop, one of a couple things happen:

1) He takes a hand that I'm ahead of and goes into call-down mode.

2) He takes his draw and goes into call-down unless he hits.

3) He keeps on jamming the pot with a hand that beats me.

4) He calls and check-raises later with a hand that beats me.

If I just smoothcall and bet/raise the turn, I induce weaker hands and draws to pay me off. Unless he's tricky, he's not going to go for a check-raise twice with a stronger hand. It makes it seem as if I've sensed weakness and I'm trying to push him off.

BarronVangorToth
01-05-2005, 10:27 AM
After the check on the river, were you fearing a checkraise? If not -- why not bet the river? Granted, he's still going to fold in this situation, but if he's in there with a bad 10, you might extract another BB -- or, if you just win it, you obfuscate your hand and make him always wonder what you had.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com (http://www.BarronVangorToth.com)

Luke
01-05-2005, 10:59 AM
Without any specific read, I would have 3-bet the flop and just called the turn checkraise.

Why the flop 3-bet? I thought with such a strong hand that I could extract some more bets from him on the turn.

Well, the way I see it, you most likely have a ton of equity on the flop and there are a lot of "blanks" that could come on the turn and would lessen your expected equity.

Therefore, I'd prefer to jam the flop and then play the turn accordingly.

Luke

kurosh
01-05-2005, 11:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
After the check on the river, were you fearing a checkraise? If not -- why not bet the river? Granted, he's still going to fold in this situation, but if he's in there with a bad 10, you might extract another BB -- or, if you just win it, you obfuscate your hand and make him always wonder what you had.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com (http://www.BarronVangorToth.com)

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't bet the river because I wasn't sure I was ahead. If he had a draw or it was a bluff with overs, he will not call. He could easily have JJ, AT, KT, QT, some sort of two pair or even something like 88 or 77. Take the percentage likelihoods of those and I don't think it would be +EV to bet.

Basically, 90% of the time he will only call with a better hand.

rigoletto
01-05-2005, 01:51 PM
I like your play most of way. I don't see any reason to 3-bet the flop (instead of raising the turn) once you are HU. The double c/r in a small pot, is more often than not somebody who wants you out of there. I would bet the river though given that he either has a weak hand or a draw. I think I'll see a worse T or A9 more often than a better T.