PDA

View Full Version : Poker Tracker - new user quesion

PE101
01-05-2005, 01:37 AM
Hi,

I just got Poker Tracker and loaded 144 Party Poker SnG.

I'm sure I'll have more questions as I get familiar with it, but one thing strikes me right off the bat.

After 144 tourneys, I have 1286 players. This means that almost all of them have only played with me one time. Only one I've seen 3 times, a couple of others only twice.

My question is, with so few repeat customers, how much is it worth making notes on the players. It doesn't seem like much bang for the buck (effort).

Thanks.

splashpot
01-05-2005, 01:40 AM
I don't play that many SnG's, but I see the same players in ring games all the time. If I sit down at a random ring table, I'll usually have data on 3-5 players at the table.

CarlNiclas
01-05-2005, 04:39 AM
Well, the easy answer is that most people you only see once, but as you move up in level (buy-in cost) you will see more and more "repeat customers".

jetsonsdogcanfly
01-08-2005, 04:07 AM
what buy ins are you playing?

CardSharpCook
01-08-2005, 04:18 AM
I think it is important for you to remember that you are still building your database. 144 tourneys is not a large sampling. Play four tables and you can hit 144 tables in 18 hours of play. Play twice as long, and I bet you will gain only another 700 players.

Also, don't discount the data that you have. Even 10 or 20 hands with a player can give you a read on him. I love PT. I use it to play limit tables. Sadly, I've recently had to drop back down to 10/20 and was frustrated that I no longer had data on 80% if the players (amazing how many new players come through PP) However, I would check my PT data after just 15 hands just to get a basic read. I've found that that initial check tells me SOOO much. Instantly I know if he's passive PF - plays too many hands, or if he's a player to watch out for. As I play more and more hands with these players, those early reads tend to stay close to accurate.

One more thing - someone posted earlier that it may be the level you play on. This is probably true. I use to play SNGs all the time and would see the same players ALL the time.

steamboatin
01-08-2005, 09:14 AM
I have a new user question also.

I can't get Poker tracker to import my old Interpoker Hand Histories. The HH are on my harddrive but I get an error message saying Unexpected end of file reached.

Any way to fix that?

CardSharpCook
01-09-2005, 06:59 PM
No clue, friend. Try posting on PT's website - they have good customer support.