PDA

View Full Version : Harrington on Hold 'em -- A Success

Mason Malmuth
01-05-2005, 12:42 AM
Hi Everyone:

I thought I would share with you part of an email we received from our book buyer at Borders:

[ QUOTE ]
Good news: Harrington on Hold Em was the # 1 poker book at Borders, last week. Early sales are fantastic.

[/ QUOTE ]

So it looks like this book is going to be a big success. This also may explain why some of you can't find it when you have gone to Borders, but we have already shipped them another large order.

Thanks to everyone for all the support.

Best wishes,

Mason

ChoicestHops
01-05-2005, 01:44 AM
It's selling too well. I believe a week ago on Amazon it was #105. I ordered my copy on Friday, but I think they are out of stock because it still is not in the process of being shipped.

Leavenfish
01-05-2005, 02:11 AM
It would sell even better if you could get it into the Borders in and around Nashville!b /images/graemlins/shocked.gif
---Leavenfish

irisheyes
01-05-2005, 02:39 AM
Mason, I bought it at Borders last week. Glad to hear it's been a great success, and I wish you and 2+2 continued success!

I thank you for producing another great product, and I look forward to #2 in the Harrington on Hold 'em series (soon I hope). It's safe to say I'd be broke and would have given up the game without 2+2.

Mason Malmuth
01-05-2005, 07:35 AM
Hi CH:

We have shipped almost a thousand books to Amazon in six seperate orders. My guess is that because of the Holiday rush they got a little behind. But I expect them to catch up soon and expect many more orders from them.

Best wishes,
Mason

Luv2DriveTT
01-05-2005, 10:25 AM
Congrats Mason. HoH is a subject matter that has been greatly missing from the shelves. The practice hands in HoH are fantastic, worth the price of the book for them alone. I am just begining the pot odds chapter, my only comment so far would be that I wish this chapter was earlier in the book.

On a related note, I am looking forward to David's NL book. What will be it's theme, will it focus more on NL cash games? Is the aim to be the HFAP of NL?

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

timmer
01-05-2005, 11:41 PM
http://www.anybookforless.com/bookComparison.jhtml?isbn=1880685337

Bsure2 check walmarts entry

DOH!!

timmer

snowlarbear
01-06-2005, 01:30 AM
not to start a "hot deals" thread but if you order enough, amazon gives you shipping for free, so anybookforless isn't always 100% accurate.

Pawtucket Pat
01-06-2005, 10:07 AM
I picked mine up on tuesday at Borders (last copy), and I'm only about 80 pages into it, but its great so far. Its very well written as well, and the problem hands are great. I wish you guys the best of luck with its success.

slickpoppa
01-06-2005, 02:07 PM
i guarantee the cover is responsible for a lot of those sales. you owe nagoo big time

Gallopin Gael
01-06-2005, 03:36 PM
So does BAMM and it costs 18 something with the club discount (a must if you're a book freak like me and can wait a week to get it).

The catch.

THE AREN'T SHIPING IT FOR 4-5 WEEKS !!!!

I just caved and ordered it from here on Tuesday night. According to UPS it should be on my doorstep when I get home.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

gusly
01-06-2005, 03:54 PM
I cancelled my Amazon order and picked it up at Borders yesterday. Last copy at that store. I've almost finished reading it, and it was definitely worth the few extra bucks to get it now.

I just love how he explains the thought process for those hand examples. I love it! I want Vol 2 NOW, goddammit!

AceFace
01-06-2005, 04:46 PM
Is there a way to order it directly from 2+2 ?

I ordered it from Conjelco in mid-December, but I'm only
now finding out the order never properly went through.

Their site must have some technical problems.

Thanks.

mshalen
01-06-2005, 08:42 PM
Just spend the money and buy the book. I pre-ordered it through Conjelco and am I glad I did. Since finishing the book (read it at least twice) I have become a consistant top finisher in both MTTs and SNGs. The book was only $30 and so far I've earned well over $2,000 (this is at low entry MTTs and SNGs) and it is all attributable to HOH. Mason - please rush the next installment out ASAP.

Nagoo81
01-07-2005, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i guarantee the cover is responsible for a lot of those sales. you owe nagoo big time

[/ QUOTE ]

Flattered, I am, really. As much as I would love to think the cover I helped design is influencing these sales,
obviously the fact is that the 2+2 readership is among the most loyal groups around, and ultimately trust Mason and crew to consistently publish great books.

As I have mentioned before, I am so grateful to play a small part of this classic tome and hope for the continued success of it.

Bernas
01-07-2005, 02:59 PM
I ordered mine through conjelco December 17th and still haven't recieved it yet. When I try to track it I get the following message.

[ QUOTE ]
041217002TP has been processed. Because it shipped from a location other than ConJelCo's West Coast warehouse, no further tracking information is available.

[/ QUOTE ]

wulfheir
01-07-2005, 04:57 PM
Can you get it cheaply in canada? Doesn't appear in Chapter's search and amazon charges too much shipping int'l.

thebrokenone
01-09-2005, 02:39 PM
How can I order a custom copy w/out the Red Sox hat?! /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Spladle Master
01-09-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How can I order a custom copy w/out the Red Sox hat?! /images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU CAN'T! MWAHAHAHAHA! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

thebrokenone
01-09-2005, 10:37 PM
D'oh! Alright... I'll order a green sharpie too. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Bernas
01-10-2005, 01:12 PM
I am from Canada and I ordered through Conjelco. Wouldn't recommend them though. I got a reply to my inquiry saying there is no way to track my shipment and it could take anywhere between 5 days and a month.

It's almost been a month, wonder what I am suppose to do after that?

I've ordered from other companies in the states. Certainly doesn't take a month and you are always able to track it.

TomBrooks
03-23-2005, 03:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...the cover is responsible for a lot of those sales. you owe nagoo...

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi Nagoo,

Regarding the cover, is there any reason you didn't put a picture of a revolver (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=books&Number=1668821&Forum =,All_Forums,&Words=revolver&Searchpage=1&Limit=25 &Main=1668821&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=&date range=1&newerval=1&newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype =&bodyprev=#Post1668821) on it? Was a revolver ever considered?

=TomBk

PS: I put this book in my shopping cart at Amazon. I actually did that earlier today before I looked it up on this forum. I hadn't realized at the time it was a 2+2 book.

CrazyEvan
03-23-2005, 05:00 PM
I ordered mine through amazon.ca last wednesday.

took 3 business days and it was at my house (Monday morning it was in my hands).

re the shipping: if your purchase is over $35 there is no shipping costs. (and it still gets to your place in 3 days)

Gallopin Gael
03-23-2005, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have gladly paid 3x the cover price for this.

TomBrooks
03-23-2005, 08:09 PM
I didn't realize what kind of hat Harrington was wearing until it was mentioned and I looked at an enlarged picture. I will admit, coming from New York, I take some measure of umbrage. At best it seems needlessly devisive.

I will make a consious effort to overlook it. Perhaps it was used to purposely try to elicit strong negative emotions in the reader as a training mechanism to help prepare and desensitize him to the sharking tactics some players might use against him in a game.

= TomBk

morgan180
03-23-2005, 09:16 PM
The book is amazing - I'm just glad I pre-ordered mine, I've already read it 2.5 times. I'm ready for Vol. 2.

Sadico
03-24-2005, 11:45 AM
is the book mainly for tournaments or it's good for cash games too?

royaltrux
03-24-2005, 01:35 PM
tournaments and sitngo's. But some topics can be applied to cash games. David and Ed are working on a NL cash book.