PDA

View Full Version : AK from the SB

tbach24
01-05-2005, 12:32 AM
i have a stack of 54 at a party 50 max table. the villain in question has 30. This villain has played so many hands including Q3o from CO and pays way too much for draws. definite fish. Villain limps UTG. one more limper from MP, i have AK /images/graemlins/spade.gif in the SB and bump it up to 6, BB folds, villain calls, and MP calls. Flop comes Q Q T, none of my suit, with two clubs. I lead out 4 into a pot of 14, which may be too little. Villain calls. Turn comes a 2 of clubs making three clubs out. I am afraid now and bet another 4 into a pot of 22. Villain flat calls again. On the river, the king (not of clubs) falls, and villain moves all in for the rest of his stack 16. The pot is laying me a great price, so I decide to call.

Im sorry for not putting it into the correct format and thanks in advance for your criticism. I will post results later.

mythrilfox
01-05-2005, 12:41 AM
Now there are, to my knowledge, two types of fish. The kind that bet like crazy with any piece, and the kind that call with any piece, but check with a weak piece and have no concept of bluffing. Which kind is he?

TrailofTears
01-05-2005, 01:02 AM
First, you need to decide on the flop if you are going to play your hand (as a bluff with overcards) or not. You really half-assed the flop bet and this gains you no information and gives any draw the odds to call. Only 30% of the pot is representing exactly what you have, a missed flop and a scared bet. If you want to bluff it, make a bluff that is scary man, as bluffs need to be. A weak bluff is a crappy bluff. Pardon my bluntness. The whole idea of a bluff is to push people off of their hands and take the pot, but your bet is not going to accomplish that very often. It is more like a min-bet than a solid bet. That is my first complaint. Also, his call could mean anything from a straight draw to a flush draw to a smooth-called QX. If you make a real bet on the flop (2/3 or full pot bet), you will know better if you are beaten already, because that bet will not give odds to draw, and few people will try to draw on a paired board anyways, since they might be beaten even if their draw comes through. The same thing goes for your turn bet. You still bet weakly and have no idea what villain is holding. Then, on the river, when you finally do make a hand, villain pushes and you have no idea if he just completed his straight or boat or if he likes his flush now. He has left you with your head spinning and you now have to call on one hell of a coordinated board with nothing but TPTK, which sucks.

Okay, I'll revise.

1. Decide whether to play your hand strong or not.

2. Bet accordingly (or don't bet).

3. If betting, make a real bet (2/3 or full pot)

4. Rinse, and repeat.

Hope this helps. Take care and best wishes.

- ToT