PDA

View Full Version : Preflop question in blind position withe reraises

sbonk
01-04-2005, 09:51 PM
I am just learning to play low stakes hold 'em properly and just read the twoplustwo book on the game. For the suggested preflop play, there are suggestions for play in early, middle and late positions for hands with no raises, raises and reraises. However, for the small and big blind positions, there are suggestions for play with no raises and raises. There are no instructions for reraises. Are reraises from these positions played the same as for single raises? I would appreciate any clarification on this.

Thanks
Steve

Harv72b
01-05-2005, 12:50 AM
As lame as this sounds, I never noticed that before. I'd love to hear some opinions from the better players on here, so back up you go, post. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nick C
01-05-2005, 10:12 AM
You should play tighter in the big blind when there's a raise and a 3-bet in front of you than you would if there was just a raise. When facing multiple raises, your implied odds aren't as good (for hands like 54s, for instance), and the chances of having to call yet another raise are greater. Also, for hands such as KQs and ATs, the chances that you're dominated just went up with that 3-bet.

I'm not sure how much you should tighten up in the big blind when there's a raise and a 3-bet, though, which is part of the reason I'm bumping this thread again.