PDA

View Full Version : New Kems Stink!

TheEleven
01-04-2005, 09:40 PM
Literally. Got the Kem specials at gamblers general store. Bridge size, regular index. One set of Trump Black/Green, one set of Foxwoods Green/Brown.

The cards themselves are great, but how long does the smell stick around? I've been shuffling them a lot the last few days, and man they still stink! Does it ever go away?

TenPercenter
01-05-2005, 12:05 AM
This is normal. I spread mine out for a few nights and let 'em breath. And over night after a game or two. It'll go away after a few days.

While they're still fairly new tt might come back if you leave them closed up for long periods though.

Ten

AZnuts
01-05-2005, 12:50 AM
I noticed the same thing about the stink! Let me ask you Eleven, how's the quality of those new KEMs?

I just got some from the Gamblers General Store "KEM special" page too. 3 of 4 decks seem OK, but one has several cards with "smudged" or "bleeding" print on the card face.

TheEleven
01-06-2005, 12:08 AM
I checked all 4 decks pretty closely and didn't see any quality control problems. I haven't played with them yet though, so I don't know how they'll hold up in real action - just airing out the chemical stink right now and doing a lot of shuffling.