PDA

View Full Version : ATs preflop reraise

Marquis
01-04-2005, 09:39 PM
I've been experimenting with raising hands like A8s from the button with three or more limpers and even lower Axs hands with more than 3 limpers. This is the first time I've reraised with a hand like this. I'm interested to hear what people think of it. Comments on the rest of the hand are also welcome.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (19.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (15.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (18.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 21.75 BB

Jaran
01-04-2005, 10:09 PM
I would fold pf. If I knew UTG raised light, I might call with soooo many callers.

-Jaran

shadow29
01-04-2005, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would fold pf. If I knew UTG raised light, I might call with soooo many callers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jaran is spot on.

Marquis
01-04-2005, 10:22 PM
"The loose games chart (6-8 players) was never intended to model any online game. I'll tell you a story about how it came into being. I originally wrote just one chart (the tight chart). Then Clarkmeister read it and said, 'Man, you gotta have something in there that tells you you can cold-call with A8s on the button after a raise and four callers. You can't just leave that out of a book on small stakes.' I agreed."
-Ed Miller

Folding stinks.

Entity
01-04-2005, 10:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"The loose games chart (6-8 players) was never intended to model any online game. I'll tell you a story about how it came into being. I originally wrote just one chart (the tight chart). Then Clarkmeister read it and said, 'Man, you gotta have something in there that tells you you can cold-call with A8s on the button after a raise and four callers. You can't just leave that out of a book on small stakes.' I agreed."
-Ed Miller

Folding stinks.

[/ QUOTE ]

So does 3-betting.

I'd coldcall and play it from there.

Rob

Marquis
01-04-2005, 11:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So does 3-betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the 5 people in the pot in front of me had limped instead, how low can my Axs be to raise?

Entity
01-04-2005, 11:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So does 3-betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the 5 people in the pot in front of me had limped instead, how low can my Axs be to raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

To raise? Depends on your tolerance for variance. I'd raise sometimes with any suited ace, but I'm playing it for a big pot, which means I've got to be willing to drop top pair when the heat gets to be too much.

If you want a standard, A8s is a good starting point.

Rob

Marquis
01-04-2005, 11:26 PM
I'm not looking for a starting point, I'm looking to push the limits and I'm looking to build big pots with my big drawing hands.

I don't disagree with raising any suited ace after 5 limpers. But if you'll do that, raising ATs in my situation seems pretty similar to that. SSHE recommends reraising AJs with 4 people in the pot in front of you. It doesn't specify where the raise came, though.

With 5 limpers ahead of you, what's the lowest suited connector you'll raise? T9s? 98s?

Entity
01-04-2005, 11:35 PM
87s, but it isn't just because of EV considerations.

I'm just not fond of 3-betting many raises with ATs, especially an unknown UTG raise.

Rob