PDA

View Full Version : TT - I can fold any time, right?

mildsauce
01-04-2005, 08:58 PM
SB is new to the table, 22/9 so far, but has been bluffing on the turn a couple hands. UTG+1 is 73/19, just a real wacky guy.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif. UTG+1 posts a blind of $1.
UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 (poster) raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (17 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds.

I see no aggression. AK? Axs? Well, I sure didn't like all those callers.

Turn: (12 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Horrible! Absolutley horrible! My only justification for this is that SB had bluffed me out of a pot earlier. Pride or something, I don't know.

River: (21 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 26 BB

So now I'm stuck in the hand. Check/call?

Any other lines or any jokes about how poorly I played the hand are welcome.

milesdyson
01-04-2005, 09:18 PM
Just call the flop. You're getting 20:1 to hit the T/images/graemlins/heart.gif or a non/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9.

Even if you hit the T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif on the turn, you'll have outs to fill up if the action gets crazy.

And, fold on the turn.

pointcount
01-04-2005, 09:28 PM
Flop: I dont usually raise with 3rd best pair and a caller. I think this is a close call since the T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif could still be a dirty out.

Turn: Calling this is unprofitable. Raising this is plain out LAG

River: Good.

sexypanda
01-04-2005, 09:31 PM
You got a little crazy that hand. The pf 3-bet is questionable, I'm not sure if its good or bad.

With 4 people seeing the capped flop you have to assume you don't have the best hand on the flop. The pot's enormous though and you picked up 4 new outs(9 of diamonds may be dirty though). Call the flop, raising's just spewing chips.

The turn didn't help, but its still a monster pot, with 12 bb in the pot already, this is still a clear call with 6 outs. Again, raising is just throwing away money.

I think the river is the only street you played right.

pointcount
01-04-2005, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this is still a clear call with 6 outs. Again, raising is just throwing away money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Woops he is right. 4 9's give you the straight so the call is ok here!

Knoler
01-04-2005, 10:13 PM
I'd probably call pre-flop and get aggressive if I hit my set or if the flop looks friendly.

Since the flop is unfriendly but the pot is huge and I've got anywhere between 6 and 3 outs, I'd take a card off. If the board wasn't so coordinated, and if there were maybe only one overcard, or if you had a backdoor flush draw, then raising might be okay. (I think.)

I'd probably fold on the turn.

River g00t! Did you get some lip from SB after dragging the pot?

Regards,
-Brian

Knoler
01-04-2005, 10:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The turn didn't help, but its still a monster pot, with 12 bb in the pot already, this is still a clear call with 6 outs. Again, raising is just throwing away money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, maybe folding this turn is ugly, on second thought. Even if your 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif is lame, that's still 5 outs, and that's still a call.

But yeah, don't raise unless you hate money.
-B

Kaz The Original
01-04-2005, 10:21 PM
Why didn't you cap the turn? You're only behind 95% of the time here.
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

VBM
01-04-2005, 10:25 PM
what happened to UTG+1 on the river?