PDA

View Full Version : Healthy Living

brassnuts
01-04-2005, 08:32 PM
I don't really believe in New Years resolutions. Unfortunately, due to the combined laziness of the holidays and copious amounts of food laying around the house, I put on a few pounds between Thanksgiving and the new year. I figure I share this distinction with the general population.

So, I figured I'd start a thread where people can post some diet tips or nutritious meal ideas to get everyone started on a healthier year.

I myself have always been a large guy, since I was born 10lbs 6oz. Last spring I made an effort to drop some weight. Lost about 20 pounds, then got lazy and pretty much just held the weight of til the last month or so. So, I figure if I could drop a total of maybe 40 pounds (yeah I know I'm fat) I'd be in some pretty good shape.

ThaSaltCracka
01-04-2005, 08:47 PM
good luck man, this is me every year too.

BusterStacks
01-04-2005, 09:06 PM
I have always been rail thin despite constant junkfood, tons of beer, drinking, smoking etc. I need to make a resolution to get fat.

Ponks
01-04-2005, 09:15 PM
I'm in that boat too, but I've got a feeling it may change around someday soon.

Ponks

liquidboss
01-04-2005, 09:15 PM
My opinion is people think way too much about diets and how to lose weight. Simply, if you take in less calories than you use your body will be forced to use other forms of energy, namely the fat it has stored. If you need a specific diet and excercise regimen to do that, fine. I just try to eat less calories and excercise to use more. Worked for me...

BullChip
01-04-2005, 10:13 PM
Avoid carbs.

Avoid sushi.

Eat salmon.